Ae82 Heater Fan Doesn't Work Anymore.

Murd 55

Members dont see this ad

So the fan doesn't work on any speeds at all?

Could be the fan motor has worn the brushes down over the years, Try give it a tap and see if the brushes free up and it starts to motor again.. motor should be above the passenger side foot well..

There will be a fuse for it too, Sometimes the shafts inside the blower motor build up dust/rust up and start to cease up which in turn increases current draw and pops the fuse..

ok well on the drivers side kick panel it says something about heater fan fuse but all i could find was a fuse in passenger side kick panel but that wasnt blown. dads not home atm so i will test the tapping the fan motor theory when he is. big blackbox under the dash i presume similar to what would be in my 55?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I had the same problem in my Ae82, I found mine to be a dirty fan switch. Another thing is there is 4 fues boxes in the ae82.

1 on the drivers kick panel, another on pasanger side, one in the engine bay next to the battery and a little one attatched to the positive termanal for the battery.

On the passanger kick panel, there are a few relays, wiggle them around as well as turning the fan speed up and down, Hope it helps :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...

i fixed up my heater fan the yesterday, took the passenger side foot well fuse box out and rebuilt it, got my fan speeds back by taking apart the resistor switch and giving the terminals a scratch clean with some emry paper, little bit of a stretch in the springs to give them back some force and it works perfectly now from 1 fan speed to all of them :no2:

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem and ill just share my fix.

Lucky for me I have the manual! so there was this hard to find resistor switch which can be found by opening the glove box, its up in the top right hand corner. You will notice a connector with 4 wires going to it. It appears to enter the air ducts, unscrewing this, you will find the resistors that monitor the air speed of the fan. It was a hard one, I replaced the breakers and fusers but didnt work. They seem to break from the heat over the years. They were about $4 to replace.

I had this problem and ill just share my fix.

Lucky for me I have the manual! so there was this hard to find resistor switch which can be found by opening the glove box, its up in the top right hand corner. You will notice a connector with 4 wires going to it. It appears to enter the air ducts, unscrewing this, you will find the resistors that monitor the air speed of the fan. It was a hard one, I replaced the breakers and fusers but didnt work. They seem to break from the heat over the years. They were about $4 to replace.

Every time I go to the wreckers or wreck out a corolla I grab them as they are fail central, I think you can buy them new for 40 bucks.