Ke30 - 55's

LukeAE71

So I come on here and every ad I see for a KE30 - 55 series is in my mind wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. The latest one I saw was advertised for $3500 :jamie:

Is there something I am missing with these wonderous machines or are the sellers dreaming??? :lolcry:

I am yet to see a completely awesome example for sale either :y:

Members dont see this ad
I am yet to see a completely awesome example for sale either :jamie:

That's why they're a bit pricey. Because there aren't many good ones around anymore.

EDIT: I just saw one of the latest ones listed for sale on here and yes I think people putting a price that high on a ke30-55 in that condition are dreaming.

Edited by BReNt

People just don't know what they're worth i spose. Too low of a price and they short change themselves, Too high and noone wants em.

Thing is, they've been one of the more abundent KE series over the years (now *E7* are all the rage :jamie:) so everyone expects a low price. But they are getting harder to find. Both in general and in good condition.

I've watched as the number of these in the wreckers have dropped over the last 18 months or so.

i laugh when i see these adds myself....

i picked mine up for $500 engine and driveline was good...

paint and panel was a bit lacking...

its really funny to see bog stockers with asking prices of 1000 or more...

at the end of the day its still a 30yr + standard car with squillions of km's and 30+yr old parts..

the cars really just aren't rare enough for the asking prices....

the asking prices of ke30/55 now is what i'd pay for a overrated condition ke20.

but... we aren't allowed to comment on these things in their f/s threads to let them know they are asking too much.

haha there was a kesev a while back... overrated as perfect in everyway.. the fella wanted $4500!!! i'd expect a kesev with a 4a conversion to go for that much..

A 4A conversion in a KE70 might actually lower the price! The more that get modified, crashed and wrecked the higher the value goes for the granny-spec ones left. Watching the forums for 12months has shown a lot of quite nice stock vehicles get bought, lowered, fitted with a noisy exhaust, called "Drift Spec" then sold. All that's happened is the car has moved from being a nice daily to a 'P'-platers thrash machine and is off the road within a year.

The value of all these cars is perfectly accurate providng its a free market- people sell for what they can get and people buy for what they can afford. If you need to sell it fast you'll sell it for less.

While they are 30year old cars they are small RWDs, and that just does not exist anymore. An overweight over-priced BMW 318 is just not a comparison, and there is nothing else after 1984 or so. So you're up for a six cylinder if you want RWD, and somehow doing donuts in a FWD Ford laser just doesn't have that sex appeal!

They're just one step behind the Datsun 1600s that are going for 10grand... In a few years when you guys are in your forties you'll all be saying "I remember when those KEs were only three grand! You kids are nuts paying $20grand for them!"

I can remember when Austin Healey 3000s were only a few grand (which I didn't have in 1965!) and I saw one the other day for sale at $90,000!

I think I was quite lucky getting my ke30 sixteen months ago for $500. That was with rego and I've now done over 30,000 kms in it. I went to look at another ke30 recently for $1000 and it was worse than my one!! I don't know what people expect to get for these beautiful machines but for an absolutely pristine one that has say, had a paint job recently and a 5k in it, I'd pay 3 grand for it, max! That's just my opinion though, some people would pay more, some would pay less.

I went and looked at one for my brother in law (it was a coupe) and he wanted $1500 for it - firm

You couldn't even get in the drivers door because apparently it had rusted shut!! This thing was like swiss cheese, even the bumpers were all rusted. It was hardly even good for any parts except the motor.

I made him what I thought was a reasonable offer and he said he was firm :jamie:

lol yeah whats with that!!!! over the last 5 months ive seen them go from around 1g to now 3g to 4g????

over priced i think just some people think they are really rare (well they are but if you look hard you'll find many)

as every where i go and ask about *e3*/ *e5* parts they want a sh*t load of money for them

i can think of atlest 15 ke30 and ke55 around in the illawarra area and I'm sure there is some hideing

around :lolcry:

hear is some of the stuff i have got over 1 1/2 years

ke30 yellow 4 door wagon 12 months rego and has a 3k 4 speed needs a bit of loven $800 (my curren driver)

ke38 yellow 4 door wagon no rego and had a 5k 70,000ks to 90,000ks and 5 speed i got it for $250 rust

ke30 lite yellow 4 door sedan no rego had worked 4k 5 speed got so many good thing out of it too $170 rust

ke55 red 4 door sedan no rego had 3k 4 speed also got some good parts of it to $100 rust

and i can aslo get a

ke55 lite yellow 4 door sedan no rego has 4k auto also for parts $200 rust

see i think its cheaper to find car's like this^^^^^^^^^^^

the wreckas want $180 for a rolla diff PFFFFT!!!!!!! ill just buy a hole rolla lol

so whats with it??

lol for sale $5g 1978 rolla 5k 5 speed black bonet!!! for speed goes good has rust and needs tlc!!

jokes :jamie: I'm dreaming :y:

post-7058-1263190850.jpg

post-7058-1263191033.jpg

Edited by shauns ke30

Makes me cry thinking about all the speedway kids ive known that buy pristine ones and turn them into junours, crash them and then start again. They will only get rarer and I'm guessing they'll keep getting more expensive as more of them fall victim to rust, speedway and p platers

Sure, you can always find a $500 bargain, and it might be the best example you will ever come across. But you can't expect that to be a standard.

Ive had plenty of free or under $500 cars, some worth much more, and some much less. But then I paid $1400 for a bog stock standard 55 coupe about 4 years ago, and thought that i should have paid more. Considering the one owner bought it new when he was aged 70, and only put 110,000 well maintained, loving, garaged kilometres on it.

$3k does sound like too much for a bad example, but a car is only ever worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I sold my near overrated, green 2dr sedan for $3500 & it was worth every cent. Looked the biz and people jizzed over it. :P

I have a sedan thats basically complete & I can't even wreck it or sell it for $200!

But yes I do know where your coming from.

There is a ke30 on carsales for 14k...