March 4, 201016 yr comment_418938 I'm keen to know if any one has or is going to buy one of those new great wall china cars,4x4,ute the price is right,i would never buy one tough there so cheap though brand new dual cab $18,000 Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_418948 I heard Astron. From Mitsubishi the engine went to Hyundai. Then to Great Wall. Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_418949 There a re build of an early model Nissan Navara. Although the hardy Nissan mechanical's are there, there is also the Great Wall electrics and the 2 star crash rating. I agree, great value. But jeeez their ugly... Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_418950 One of there utes has a 4YE setup with a W series g-box. And they look basically identical. Id be keen to see how it lasts over the genuine original toyota product in say.. year 2030. Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_418967 Ive seen one with chrome bull bars and a chrome roll bar and big chrome wheels. Didn't look too bad, but if i bought one, I'd give myself shit. Agreed they are cheap, but one look at the interior and its performance specs.... Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_418976 why would you bother?but then again if you have a tight budget........nah forget it i`d rather get a 2nd hand hi-lux! Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_418977 mind you a second hand hilux 4wd for 18k is going to be a bloody 8 year old one haha. Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_418979 mind you a second hand hilux 4wd for 18k is going to be a bloody 8 year old one haha. and it's STILL going to be twice as good and about a million times more reliable. I can't believe there's people stupid enough to buy these pieces of crap! Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_418980 mind you a second hand hilux 4wd for 18k is going to be a bloody 8 year old one haha. thats not too bad 8 years.....the engine on the hilux is just running in,lol! Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_418981 mind you a second hand hilux 4wd for 18k is going to be a bloody 8 year old one haha. I am thinking it would still outlive a brand new Great Wall car over the next 10 years, both in value and reliability :yes: SNAP I saw a guy towing his massively expensive boat the other day behind one of these Great Wall cars. Perhaps if he spent a little less on the boat he could have been able to afford a real tow car Edited March 4, 201016 yr by LukeAE71 Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_419003 dude don't touch these cars lol dads a panel beater and they have had 5 or 6 in so far to fix damages from the handbrake failing and also the trim just falls to pieces Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_419006 Word on the street is that they use a early Magna V6. Early 80's 2.4 4 pots, IE Astron motors as Jip mentioned. Report
March 4, 201016 yr comment_419009 I can't believe there's people stupid enough to buy these pieces of crap! Agreed, they're rubbish. I know of a few motoring groups/clubs, that have thought about trying to get them banned....but will never happen Report
March 5, 201016 yr comment_419037 I wouldn't buy one on principle, for the same reason I don't buy cheap knockoff parts from China. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now