Quickest K Powered Car?

LXY-642

Members dont see this ad

The easiest way to do it is this:

You are allowed ONE power adder. Power adder definition: Turbocharger, Supercharger, Nitrous Oxide.

This is how all the drag racing categories do it, except I think a lot of them specify a max of two.

so no 3k + gt45 + 200hp n2o for spooling then? :blinks:

Hi guys, just thought id add my 2 cents. As Taz RX has mentioned a friend of mine owns the ke30 4 door that was in zoom and he has been out to prove that a k series engine can make big power and run great times, ie in the 10s. He has since done a full rebuild of the car including paint, interior and rebuilding the engine He is chasing 400hp which i think will be very hard to acheive but he is very determend and focused on getting there. It is still a 3K with massive amounts of work and i mean it has had everything done to it to get it there. He might have to run crazy boost through it but he is hell bent on it makeing 400hp atw.

I have always loved the idea of building a hektic k series engine , Probably a 5K with plenty of goodies inside and perfectly matched turbo and injection to make over 200kw atw, but over the years i have had this discussion many times and most people agree that the k series heads even ported to within a millimeter of its life just can't flow enough air to produce the power that a 4age can as mentioned before and the fact its only a 8 valve makes it even harder. If anyone can do it , my friend will as he just wont give in and be beaten. He wants the fastest most powerfull k series engined corolla going round. Crazy

Crazy setup, thats for sure.

Another RC member with a forced fed K was recently speaking to me about doing a crazy re-build and changing their setup a bit. Mentioned running 30+psi. As I said to him there's really not too much point in running over around 25psi as the head just can't flow it. Darren will agree with me as IIRC it was him who originally told me about it.

1 thing that makes me wonder about this "3K" though, as I said in a post earlier it has 5k lugs on the head. This just doesn't make sense! If it was a 3k bottom end running a 5k head then the CR would be stupidly high. Same if it was a rare 4ku head which also has the lugs. Make me think that this is actuall running a 5k (as you would) and telling people its a 3k. If you know the guy Rad, maybe you can suggest he signs up and joins the conversation. I would love the be able to chat with somebody who obviously loved K's, and boosted ones at that, as much as I do! :jamie:

The heads are f@$ked..lol, We need to be able to put a datsun A series head on them, and they would make

200rwkw easy. I just want someone to build a similiar setup to a few of us guys and run E85 or C16 and see

what it does, as everyone has been using restrictive 98 octane up till this point.

cheers

darren

il give it a go is there any restrictions.

I'm thinking built 7k, efi, amc, sc14, to4b, 38mm external gate, 440cc injectors, custom crank trigger setup, toyoglide built i kno il get burnt for that but its doable, and afew outher supporting mods.

only usen the turbo gate and injectors cause i have them lol.

In either the 55 i got or a ke36 pano I'm looking at today.

The easiest way to do it is this:

You are allowed ONE power adder. Power adder definition: Turbocharger, Supercharger, Nitrous Oxide.

This is how all the drag racing categories do it, except I think a lot of them specify a max of two.

most of our rules so far :P

Well if you want boost you have to choose either turbo or charger can't have both, and if you want to have a N/A car you can have NOS ontop of it so you must only pick one power enhancer up to you too choose which one

A k with nos will be quicker then any of the other k's without it.

Going by your rules you are better off having 3 categories:

1. turbo or supercharger

2. Nos

3. Atmo.

Edited by Trev