Jdm?

johnny_blacks

Members dont see this ad
hey i see heaps of people put JDM spec in a title when they are describing their car. just wondering if people could tell me what makes ur car jdm? from what i have seen of peoples cars they seem low and have phat wheels.

Japanese Domestic Market lol and pretty much no chrome shit lol

hey i see heaps of people put JDM spec in a title when they are describing their car. just wondering if people could tell me what makes ur car jdm? from what i have seen of peoples cars they seem low and have phat wheels.

Japanese Domestic Market. ADM, Australian Domestic Market.

JDM is a japanese spec standard production car.

What kids refer to JDM is fender mirrors, super wide rims with skinny tyres stretched onto them, a car lowered to the weeds so it is useless on the road and defect material, etc. Really Bozo is the correct term. Google "Bozo style".

It is a bit like "granny spec", which really is an overdone version of what a granny would drive. ie, whitewalls, slammed, venetions, sunvisor, etc.

It is a LOOK, or a Style.

Edited by Felix

JDM doesn't necessarily equate to pimp-ed up rides, often the look that a lot of people call "JDM" is actually what they Japanese refer to as Yankee or Bosozuko style. JDM can simply be a car or parts which were sold in the Japanese market and not in other parts of the world - ie all those grey import Levins and Stageas and Skylines etc are technically JDM even if they are bone stock, and they definitely don't look like the above pictures.

essentially JDM is the most overused annoying term describing the style of cars that people go for. wheels that don't fit, bent guards to try make them fit, tyres that don't fit on said wheels to try and make said wheels fit...etc

though in reality as stated it just stands for japenese domestic market, so calling a car "JDM" is saying that "that car was sold in japan"...which it prolly was, in a much cooler form!

btw isnt that black ke70 wagon from america? its left hand drive. either way it looks rediculous...

on the other hand, jap cars are just so damn pretty.....

exhibit a)

te27_trueno_001.jpg

essentially JDM is the most overused annoying term describing the style of cars that people go for. wheels that don't fit, bent guards to try make them fit, tyres that don't fit on said wheels to try and make said wheels fit...etc

I hate how it gets thrown around too, My AE71 was ADM but I spent the time and money to convert the engine to a brand new JDM setup, It was the only thing I used as JDM but you see shitbox ADM sprinters with big wheels and a dodgy engine conversion and it's JDM.

• 4 weeks later...