Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Parts Car Appreciation Thread.

Featured Replies

Hi guys.

 

I'm sure we are all familiar with the idea of a parts car. Some may call them donor cars, parts whores etc.

 

They are an essential tool in building other better cars, and are essential to every restoration.

 

I was looking through some older photos and thought why not start a thread to remember them by.

 

Ill begin.

 

The only rule is that they must be as stripped and flogged looking as possible, as close to the end as possible.

post-2885-1271860681_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1271860703_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1271860741_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1271860885_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 56
  • Views 117.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • AE93 SX parts car, Don't have any updated photos as it's sitting way down the back yard, but all the brakes and interior, wing, front end etc went onto my AE94. 

Posted Images

I'm amazed you didnt sell some of those ke70's for an over inflated price to guys on 86dc, my 86 parts car sold for $1500 with chronic bent chassis and epic rust. :dance: pix for the lulz when I get home.

 

(teddy was is 1500 or 2000?)

Edited by Jason

Dude there are maybe half a dozen guys in Cairns who even know what a KE is, let alone anyone who's actually building one. The closest person I could even sell PARTS to is 400k's away... Shells I just send to the crusher.

Edited by 7shades

7Shades, that red AE86 was overrated!

 

I wasn't too bad before some Takumi tryhard collected a large immovable piece of the power grid with it.

 

I named it "The Pole Dancer" and it donated various bits of its corpse to about 5 different cars :dance:

Dude there are maybe half a dozen guys in Cairns who even know what a KE is, let alone anyone who's actually building one. The closest person I could even sell PARTS to is 400k's away... Shells I just send to the crusher.

 

hi jarad! :laff: :D

4723_91981331481_714066481_2072242_3315080_n.jpg

 

now i just need to find the one where its getting dragged onto the truck on its rails...

Ok now imagine that with no fenders, lights all round, seats, springs (or anything aculty connecting the diff to the chassis lol), bumper.

 

Only interior it had left was a wire frame seat :laff:

post-303-1271928280_thumb.jpg

Sad days! Parts cars are as special to me as.... can't think of anything just now :laff:

 

post-6910-1242140506_thumb.jpg

 

post-6910-1230519257_thumb.jpg

 

I only wish I'd taken photo's of the other one. :D

The best donor car I've ever has is my KE55 (in my display pic). We originally bought it to steal the doors and then realised it was in way better condition than the other car, we ended up stealing a door from the original project car.

 

Since then I've had a green KE35 which had the 7k, 5sp box and 2in exhaust in it, but we just stripped out those parts and sent it to the wreckers (massive mistake).

 

The next one was a KE wagon (can't remember what it was). Bought it for $200 to steal the engine from. Got it with a months rego and a full tank of fuel, so I drove it till the rego expired then stole the engine and we got rid of the shell (again a big mistake). The car was awesome, it drifted like a dream!!

 

I've got pics of the green car, but since we didn't destroy it and the pics like nice I didn't post them :laff: Our problem has always been no having anywhere to store the cars :D.

 

A mate of mine who was into bluebirds once had three donor cars in the driveway (only for a day). One of them got put up on newspapers. The newspapers were still holding it the last time I saw it (3 or 4 years ago) and at that point it had been on them for 2 or 3 years, will have to see if the car is still there. While it was up on the awesome newspaper stand it had stripes painted on it, a design on the side and the rims painted gold, looked hilarious.

Edited by Sloth

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.