Crazy Suzuki Shocks!!

just spoke with a guy at a local 4wd shop. i already know that suzuki sierra front shocks fit in the rear of ke55's but i didnt even think about the fact that sierra is a 4wd and they make heaps advanced shocks for them. anyway this guy had these adjustable rear shocks in his ke from a sierra and they were called rs9000's. when you set the stiffnes level to 9 (max) they are literaly rock solid. i felt the car and it was insane it was like the shocks were welded in one spot. the thing had a locker diff and just thinking about how stiff the rear is with a welded diff. MAN that thing would be crazy in the wet.

anyway anyone seen these adjustable sierra shocks before. even standard sierra ones are known to be stiff in the rear of a ke55.

sorry just speaking my mind.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They bolt straight into a ke70 aswell..

i ran them for a few months (only sierras).. way too short imo..has no droop at rest and if you go over a sharp rise in the road the wheels lose contact.. not real fun. looks pretty cool hardparked tho..

Edited by hilux05

Sounds like Rancho's

Yes thats a Rancho part number. :P

As Towe mentioned you need to check if they're a stock length or longer for raised suspension first.

They'll actually fit pretty much all corollas from KE10, 20, 30, 55, k'sevs, AE86, T18 etc.

Raised - standard height (or extended) is 415mm for the serria whereas 517mm for the corolla (ke55)

At least thats what my Monroe catalogue tells me.

so will the 517mm ones make them like normal corolla ones. cause i thought the good part about the sierra ones is that they are short travel.

What details do i tell the shop if i want them to fit my ke

Sorry mate i'll rephrase what i said

Standard height (or extended) serria shocks is 415mm

the standard shocks for the ke30/55 is 517mm

Thats about 200mm (4inches) of difference and if you go that low the diff would most likely be sitting on the bump stops so something inbetween.

But one thing you have to remember is that the rancho's are a 4wd off-road shockie which means their built 4wd tough, i don't really think it'd be something needed for a road car.

But on that note if you can get them go for it.

As for what to ask - 2in raised for a serria would be my guess. But a good shop will ask you questions on whats your intended use, be honest why your after them.

what shocks are in your 55 si?

Full stroke TRD 8 way adjustables. I want to swap them out for the same thing but in short stroke cause they've got too much pre-load.

Oh and with these ranchos..... you might change your mind when you get a price for them. You might find for less money you can get some second hand (still good condition) TRD adjustables like what I want.

ok so, my ke55 is sitting right on the tip of the bump stops now. so ill be fine getting the 2" lifted sierra ones?

would this make the shock be compressed around half way when the car is stationary??? as in perfect position for the shock to get the full postensial?

cheers for your help guys