Lost Parts

ah some good stories here boys.

few years ago we were doing the head on my first car, 84 mazda 323. 1.3L FWD thing.

had it in the garage and put a nail into one of the beams in the roof and suspended the timing chain from it.

should have hit the nail harder as it came out of the wood and went straight down the timing chain compartment.

luckily it got caught in the tensioner and a magnetic stick came to the rescue.

ive not done the oil cap one yet, lets hope i never do...

Members dont see this ad
what about....

'what have you found in your chassis rail.???

lol the fellas chopped up the greenbeastie yesterday and found a golf ball in the chassis rail.

We had that conversation at work, being a second year I had no input, but I heard interesting stories such as bullet shells, marbles, and coins.

Working on a mates car we did find something interesting though. it was a 31 skyline, and we ripped off the front lh guard, between the pile of crud we spotted a slight sparkle, dug for it. it was a genuine Nissan key that worked in every lock on the car and after a dip under the tap it looked brand new, as of the teeth had never slid in the locks. pretty secure spot for a spare key if you ask me lol.

i was changing a fuel filter at work today when one of the securing bolts slipped outta my oily hands and fells down between the metal cover and the engine mount!

didn't even hit the sides!

i was astonished so i left it in there :rolls:

• 4 months later...

topping up the oil on my friends shitty volvo

his cousins had come round the day, they now like fishing don't know how old they bout 4-5

he let them go through his tackle box with swivels, hooks sinkers etc

The oil was very near them when they were stuffing around with the gear.

we didn't realize what they had done until the next day when the volvo started and soon made a really bad noise then stopped and wouldn't work would just turn over and make noise

It seems the cousins had put a handful of fishing gear into the oil we hadn't used a funnel or we would have noticed the sinkers, hooks and swivels going into the engine.

gotta love younger relations

when i was working at midas i did a service and left my ratchet under the hood, and that day a guy had got fired so i thought the ass stole it...

blamed him for ages untill 9months later the car came back for a service with a complaint about a rattle noise i checked it out and tada! my ratchet.. oh well

cheers

t

Toothbrush in a 4EFTE engine block

because I'm tight and some what lazy, I sticky taped my toothbrush to sparkplug socket to get the reach I needed to take the plug off, the reach wasn't long enough and the toothbrush with socket got stuck in the hole for a week. I had to go to the shop and buy long noised pliers to get it out, I had some bad breath for that week.

i once dropped an 8mm spanner down the front of the timing chain cover of a 2tg, started to put it back together and seen a slight glint of light and put a torch onto it and said ahh thats where that went.

Another one is... I left a narva led torch on the crossmember of a tipper truck and about a week later after searching everywhere in the workshop, my toolbox and at my house, the owner of the truck came back and said 'hey whoever worked on my truck last left this on the chassis' I felt like a noob,

10mm spanners grow legs and walk off on me i buy one and a month or three they just dissappear into thin air,

My mate was using my 12mm socket and 1/4 inch drive ratchet while working on his el xr6, finished what he's doing and decided it was a good idea to accidently drop the ratchet onto his crossmember, picks the ratchet up and goes 'sorry man' I said 'what did you do' he goes dropped ya ratchet and the xr ate the 12mm socket' bloody falcons >|

I also have found a golf ball in a ladder rack holder in the tray of my old rodeo :D

• 1 month later...

My mate was using my 12mm socket and 1/4 inch drive ratchet while working on his el xr6, finished what he's doing and decided it was a good idea to accidently drop the ratchet onto his crossmember, picks the ratchet up and goes 'sorry man' I said 'what did you do' he goes dropped ya ratchet and the xr ate the 12mm socket' bloody falcons >|

i swear i heard that socket fall out when we where driving down blunder road, i was f@$ked if i new where it went when i dropped it, ahh thank f@$k that falcon is gone

• 1 month later...

Not so much a lost part but the last week or so the 82 has been starting funnily so when I got to work yesterday I pulled the stop light fuse out (reset ecu) and decided I'd leave it all day, that arvo I locked up and was eager to get home so I jumped in the car and drove home (~5km's) and realised that I had no brake lights, what a dumbass :lolcry: