Shifting

Yes it's hard to hear behind the brilliant blank stare she has so professionally mastered. If you think she's bad in transformers, try watching Jennifers Body... Not even worth the lesbo scene with her and some blonde chick. But maybe if there was some boobage it'd be alright.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly, most heavy trucks do not have a syncro's and require either double clutch or rev matching to change gears and another thing they have is a clutch brake which is located behind the clutch and is only used when the clutch pedal is pushed to the floor when engaging a gear from a stationary position

Humpf and if you can't double clutch the manual in your big and heavy truck you can have the choice of either the auto, semi-auto or a manual that only needs the use of the clutch in starting off.

Yes i tend to get a little board at work so i read the heavy transport magazines.

And yes the auto ones can sound a little freaky when they start off as well.

So what happened when he left the army, he was allowed to stop double clutching?

It's not that difficult, it's like anything once you get the hang of it you can do it without thinking.

And yeh total waste of time on a synchro box.

though can help with a half stuffed syncho.

my gearbox doesnt like goin from 3rd to 2nd some times. bit of rev matching and some clutch action and it goes in alright.

other than that its a pain in the...leg to double clutch all day. clutching once with a HD clutch is enough thankyou.

what is good fun is trying to change gears without the clutch at all! just if your grinding to much give it a rest for while.

If done right it shouldn't put any more load on the synros?

I admire the skill of left foot braking non the less, heal toeing is just so much easier though, infact, its so easy it should be a mandatory requirement of a manual licence haha :rolls:

Once had a Suzuki Swift as a loan car while mine was in the workshop, you could drive it with left foot for brake, and right foot for accelerator....... It was a manual....... :rolls:

The clutch was only there to get you off the line, everywhere else it just wasn't needed...... Oh, and it did 80+ in second :D

Edited by Toy-Yoda

yeh but remember that shifting clutchlessly is putting your synchro's under a lot more load and you'll chew them out extra fast.

Although it's a mildly impressive party trick especially on a downshift.

i was under the imprssion that if you match the revs well (say 3rd to 2nd, having to blip it up a bit) then the synchos don't have anything to synchronise. thus they arent doing any work.

also explains why it changes easier on my poor 2nd gear syncho, since it doesnt have to work as hard. or something...

changing gears by just slamming it into gear (no rev match, and no clutch) will destroy synchos. as you are trying to speed up the engine with your syncho! and since thats not possibly, lots of grinding occurs.

does anyone else get really frustrated when they are driving with someone who is a serial clutch rider? not letting clutch out at the right time on upshifts, and jumping on the accelerator too quick. riding the clutch to keep the car "still" on a hill.

yea when i drive a semi i some times douple clutch. when i change down gears i do it and rev between to match road speed with engine speed.

other times you don't need a clutch at all.

plus they have a clutch brake so if you press the clutch to far its get messy!

buts that 500hp and and 18 speed road ranger!

yea when i drive a semi i some times douple clutch. when i change down gears i do it and rev between to match road speed with engine speed.

other times you don't need a clutch at all.

plus they have a clutch brake so if you press the clutch to far its get messy!

buts that 500hp and and 18 speed road ranger!

Reminds me... I'm very much out of practice shifting a roadranger. I've been spoilt driving semi-auto Scanias :rolls:

2009_international_lonestar_harley_davidson_special_edition_20_cd_gallery.jpg