Coilovers Legal?

Hey all

I'm currently building a road legal weapon, I have a ke30 with a ca18det and 5 speed, about to start doing the xt130 struts and ln106 caliper conversion

just wondering if I do the coilovers aswell are they road legal? I come from New Zealand where almost all is legal :abuse: so thought I better find out

Before I do them.

Members dont see this ad

I live in Toowoomba, Qld. Ive asked about and havent really had a definate answer, its just ring this guy and ring this department and then this isnt the department that deals with that ring this department who sends me back to the first department :abuse: what do government services do here!!!!!

M****r F****rs at queensland transport said they had no information about it and that I had to ring another number!! Lazy good for nothing .... Oh well now that I have information on what I can "legally" do thinks its time to start spending some coin to get me some bits.

The fitting of nitrous oxide injection equipment is not permitted.

Hehehe, I guess they have to cover the obvious cases.

I had trouble finding out whether I could legally/easily replace my 4k with 7k-c, had one guy say all I had to do was bring it down and they'd check the engine numbers and had another say I'd need an engineers cert but it would be unlikely. Not looking forward to the day where I change over the 4AC to 20v :)

Best way to make sure your car is road legal is run EVERYTHING past your engineer before you go ahead with the plans.

There's no point building a car and handing it over to an engineer and saying "engineer this". They know what's legal and

more importantly what's not. I've been told they like getting in contact and discussing your plans with you before you start

doing work.

according to the national code of practice a 900kg ke70 can have a 3600cc engine in n/a form v6's allround anyone.

i also read a ford falcon with a weight of 1557kg can have a n/a motor of 7785cc,7.8litres but a force fed set up is only 4671cc , 4.7litres

i guess they are getting tuff with big horsepower cars and they don't want them on the street not good people not good at all...

still can't work out weather you can have coilovers or you can't , i will have to have another read..

Edited by rb20 rolla

according to the national code of practice a 900kg ke70 can have a 3600cc engine in n/a form v6's allround anyone.

i also read a ford falcon with a weight of 1557kg can have a n/a motor of 7785cc,7.8litres but a force fed set up is only 4671cc , 4.7litres

i guess they are getting tuff with big horsepower cars and they don't want them on the street not good people not good at all...

still can't work out weather you can have coilovers or you can't , i will have to have another read..

So your saying that you could legally put a turbo 2jz no shit into a ke70 properly!!!! and have it engineered in qld? Back OT coilovers are leagal once you get them blueplated in qld, so when you get your engine conversion finished and ready to be inspected just go........ hi guys i have done this properly and also this and so on and so on and rattle of your list of things you have done to the person with the blue plate and pay what is owed. Thats what i'm planning and hoping to do with my 70 as it now sports a whole s13 suspension setup and is waiting for a motor to be completed

So your saying that you could legally put a turbo 2jz no shit into a ke70 properly!!!! and have it engineered in qld? Back OT coilovers are leagal once you get them blueplated in qld, so when you get your engine conversion finished and ready to be inspected just go........ hi guys i have done this properly and also this and so on and so on and rattle of your list of things you have done to the person with the blue plate and pay what is owed. Thats what i'm planning and hoping to do with my 70 as it now sports a whole s13 suspension setup and is waiting for a motor to be completed

you have to read it better it said in N/A form, force fed is about the same as it is now.

you can have a N/A 2jz then when it's got rego slap a turbo on it and hope you don't get pulled over.