Sr20 Ke30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't mind the color itself too much, it's the fact that you've gone and painted all the tail light trim and door handles and engine bay bits and radiator support in it. it's a color that has the potential to look good if done properly, but you need something to break it up with chrome or a secondary color or it's unpleasant to the eye

dipping the whole car in the one color makes it look like a cheap sydney sprayjob. it might have been cool in the 80s when a "modified show quality car" was a gemini with hotwires, a sidedraft and an exhaust, these days you need to be a bit smarter about it

Thank u all for youre opinion, :D

personally i find it hard to know how good/bad it looks from a couple of close-ups.(the only ex-chrome in the pics are the tail light surrounds)

In my previous build with a toyota3T motor in the same car i allowed all of the chrome to stay, in my opinion no matter what i did to it, it looked like a soft-cocks car.

This time i spent much time debating whether to paint all the chrome metallic silver, or the green.

Looking at the finished car, i know i made the right decision. Even my V8 loving mates cannot believe how tough it looks.

f@$king oath its ugly....even the chrome has been painted in the shit.

ha ha........ told ya everyone hates the color! :D i guess thats why everyone stops and stares :)

what wheels and tyres are going on it? all i can imagine is like, 13x8 hotwires shod in bridgestone eagers with the white writing 07-nyahnyah.gif

I have a set of 17 inch chrome wheels but i think they look gay(U would love them). I am going to get a set of 18s but turbo is priority. At the moment i am running sigma turbo wheels. I'll leave the hotwires to your stoko ke25, :D

yeh, i hear what ur saying. My 17s just fit with 45 profile, so i figured maybe 18s with 30 profile??? Maybe its not the best idea...... I can get a set of 17" american racing, reverse rim wheels for 600 each, hmmmm.

Its very true what u say about the weight of the wheels too for performance and handling, a mate of mine had a set of heavy 17s on his EF falcon, when we took it to the drags we did about 4 runs with the wheels and about 4 without, the difference was a 13.8 to a 13.5, the car was always faster with the steelies even though it smoked the tyres more! :P