Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordains 69 Rolla.

Featured Replies

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 365
  • Views 346k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • sweeet as man wheels still look brilliant

  • Stu, Theres no bump steer. On full lock, On full compression the rack turns 2mm.. which is nothing and it goes Toe out which is a shitload better then toe in. I'm amazed at how well it turned out. I w

  • What can I say.... it loves shoes just like me haha! I've nearly finished rebuilding my SSR mesh wheels... so cheering about that!! Can finally get it sorted. The cars on the hoist... slowly whelding

Posted Images

Awesome car mate, well done. Did you end up cutting and welding the lower section of your struts to get camber?

  • Author

Nope, if you go to about page 19 or 20 I have a picture of what I did... ended up bending them to get more neg camber.

How do all you mainlanders get away with having your P plates like that, or jammed behind numberplates?

 

Tassie cops would have their way with you for that..

How do all you mainlanders get away with having your P plates like that, or jammed behind numberplates?

 

Tassie cops would have their way with you for that..

 

.......but disregard the fact that your exhaust note tops 120dB!! :hmm:

Nope, if you go to about page 19 or 20 I have a picture of what I did... ended up bending them to get more neg camber.

 

Yeah I saw that, how do the shocks go after being bent?

Hmm Wouldn't it just be easier to cut and re weld the bottom section?

  • Author

The shocks aren't being bent. All it does, is change the angle at the bottum of the strut tube and the cast stub axle, I then rewelded it to give it extra strength. Then slid an SW20 KYB shock in and it works fine!

  • 2 weeks later...

Love this build, anymore updates or too busy with exams atm, like myself? :/

Edited by wrathchild

  • Author

165838_251856764923119_134464430_n.jpg

 

Busy... I was busy with exams, done that about 2 weeks ago.. bought a 1200 sedan on the last day of exams.... got modifying to get it ready for my license returning........... haha 2 weeks and counting the days lol!

 

Corolla is at a friends workshop getting tunnel, firewall and a few other things done.. Haven't spoken nor seen the car so assuming it's not done since he hasn't rang me !

ahhh sweet man I l0ve dattos! :o howd u lose your license?... driving cars that were too pimp no doubt :P

Lookin forward to the return of the rolla but you should post up the mods you do on this little beast too! what can you get done in two weeks the challenge is on! ;)

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

165869_266427623466033_1417450173_n.jpg

 

Had a go at bending up a tunnel.... turned out a treat.

 

185881_267591700016292_1388880283_n.jpg

 

made a trolley to remove and hold the entire front end of car... will make clutch changes, and really any work on the engine easy.

 

539078_267601463348649_1443050055_n.jpg

 

cut some more of the firewall and cleaned it up abit more..

 

625410_340191979398726_139694903_n.jpg

 

Had a go at bending up some sheet for the firewall... I had to put a 50mm recess in for the ITB's unlike Luke did... Wish i put my motor forward, would've been a lot easier haha! oh well!!!

 

will put a pic up later when it's all tack welded in and i've made the other part and trimmed the firewall and got the tunnel in!

still very shocked this is gonna be able to register considering how harsh they are on firewall mods especially to that extent

 

BTW love the work :)

Edited by pmp16

  • Author

They aren't worried about it, aslong as its got a 25mm overlap, stitch welded both sides they are happy. It's gotta be made out of 1.2mm or thicker sheet, this is 1.2mm zinc cold rolled, Luke used 1.6 hot rolled ( a shit load harder to work with but stronger but 1.2mm is more than substantial ). I think QLD is a lot different with firewall mod's. Nothing wrong with cutting the wall, just make sure its stronger than original, especially with the 3-4 times power increase lol.

 

It's coming along alright, I was going to pay somebody to do the wall but so overpriced ( for me )

The firewall start looks really good i recon, same with the tunnel, really neat work. Was just reading another thread that made me cringe, this is how it should be done.

 

Yeh no go in qld for firewall mods, but every state is different, its a shame we aren't allowed.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.