Jordains 69 Rolla.

Jordain

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

How do all you mainlanders get away with having your P plates like that, or jammed behind numberplates?

Tassie cops would have their way with you for that..

.......but disregard the fact that your exhaust note tops 120dB!! :hmm:

Nope, if you go to about page 19 or 20 I have a picture of what I did... ended up bending them to get more neg camber.

Yeah I saw that, how do the shocks go after being bent?

Hmm Wouldn't it just be easier to cut and re weld the bottom section?

• 2 weeks later...

165838_251856764923119_134464430_n.jpg

Busy... I was busy with exams, done that about 2 weeks ago.. bought a 1200 sedan on the last day of exams.... got modifying to get it ready for my license returning........... haha 2 weeks and counting the days lol!

Corolla is at a friends workshop getting tunnel, firewall and a few other things done.. Haven't spoken nor seen the car so assuming it's not done since he hasn't rang me !

ahhh sweet man I l0ve dattos! :o howd u lose your license?... driving cars that were too pimp no doubt :P

Lookin forward to the return of the rolla but you should post up the mods you do on this little beast too! what can you get done in two weeks the challenge is on! ;)

• 1 month later...

165869_266427623466033_1417450173_n.jpg

Had a go at bending up a tunnel.... turned out a treat.

185881_267591700016292_1388880283_n.jpg

made a trolley to remove and hold the entire front end of car... will make clutch changes, and really any work on the engine easy.

539078_267601463348649_1443050055_n.jpg

cut some more of the firewall and cleaned it up abit more..

625410_340191979398726_139694903_n.jpg

Had a go at bending up some sheet for the firewall... I had to put a 50mm recess in for the ITB's unlike Luke did... Wish i put my motor forward, would've been a lot easier haha! oh well!!!

will put a pic up later when it's all tack welded in and i've made the other part and trimmed the firewall and got the tunnel in!

Guest pmp16

still very shocked this is gonna be able to register considering how harsh they are on firewall mods especially to that extent

BTW love the work :)

Edited by pmp16

They aren't worried about it, aslong as its got a 25mm overlap, stitch welded both sides they are happy. It's gotta be made out of 1.2mm or thicker sheet, this is 1.2mm zinc cold rolled, Luke used 1.6 hot rolled ( a shit load harder to work with but stronger but 1.2mm is more than substantial ). I think QLD is a lot different with firewall mod's. Nothing wrong with cutting the wall, just make sure its stronger than original, especially with the 3-4 times power increase lol.

It's coming along alright, I was going to pay somebody to do the wall but so overpriced ( for me )

The firewall start looks really good i recon, same with the tunnel, really neat work. Was just reading another thread that made me cringe, this is how it should be done.

Yeh no go in qld for firewall mods, but every state is different, its a shame we aren't allowed.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!