Didn't Realise This Was An English Lesson

Members dont see this ad
Bad spelling and general disregard to any sort of punctuation makes my head hurt.

Seriously, no matter how hard a word is to spell, or bad you may be a spelling, firefox has a built in spell checker. It is not f@$king hard to use it.

It may be a car forum, but like most people have said, no-one wants to read a big chunk of text that make no sense until you read it 3 times over. I guess it is a reflection of the effort you spend writing something to the effort of response you get.

Firefox is a spell checker though, not a sentence checker.

Bad spelling and general disregard to any sort of punctuation makes my head hurt.

Seriously, no matter how hard a word is to spell, or bad you may be a spelling, firefox has a built in spell checker. It is not f@$king hard to use it.

It may be a car forum, but like most people have said, no-one wants to read a big chunk of text that make no sense until you read it 3 times over. I guess it is a reflection of the effort you spend writing something to the effort of response you get.

but if your that slack you have to use a spell checker why are you complaining about this??

also as my dad just said to me some people might not be able to read and/or write that well.

does that mean that all of their threads or even their account must be deleted??

talk about unfair dismissal.

Yeah true, but I was more referring to da stuff like what n all dat.

dude thats my email address and i made it when i was in year 7

back in my day it was cool to have an email address like that.

that doesnt mean that i wrote and still do write like that.

and if you look at your sons, daughters, nephews, nieces writing on MSN, Facebook chat, etc I'm sure youll find that they have written that at least once.

maybe you even wrote that when you were young.

I for one appreciate the effort the mods put into stopping this forum from digressing to the level of some other forums.

I find it nearly impossible to read a 3 line+ post that has no punctuation. My brain just can't handle it :P

again to what i said before.

are you here for spelling or for the cars??

yol yol yol i dnt need 2 use prper spelln bcause it takes 2 lng 2 type Nd i got beta tings 2 do in my time nd fullstoops who uses dem?

aye bro swp u a of set of 13" stockies (with bald tyrez) for does meshies wid cash my way?

but seriously you use bad spelling any you wont get any replies

dude thats my email address and i made it when i was in year 7

back in my day it was cool to have an email address like that.

that doesnt mean that i wrote and still do write like that.

and if you look at your sons, daughters, nephews, nieces writing on MSN, Facebook chat, etc I'm sure youll find that they have written that at least once.

maybe you even wrote that when you were young.

Relax mate, I am not having a go at your email address! I am talking about the people who use that sort of sms shorthand when asking question/selling things etc. They are the things which I was getting at with the lack of effort. It is a forum and you have as much time in the world as you need to type, so if they just spent 5 minutes extra to make it easier for everyone else to read/comprehend their threads wouldn't be getting closed etc.

I guess its a bit of courtesy.

Edited by bLinded_

What you have to realise here rolla_93, is that this forum was created as a resource for all things corolla.

Lets think about that for a minute.

Would you like to try and find information on here, using the search tool provided, to not find what you're looking for because it has been spelt incorrectly?

Can you imagine the headaches it would cause when you're trying to find whatever it is you're looking for and everything is SMS talk, solid blocks of text in capital letters, and no use of grammar?

The reason the spelling issue is brought up time and time again is that we're trying to make this an easily decoded and resourceful forum, not something you have to sit there and read twenty times over before you realise go "Oooo, that's what it says".

If anyone has issues spelling, maybe that should have been brought up at school and dealt with earlier.

You can't blame the person for their spelling errors when its the teacher and the parents who should've picked up on it in the first place. :P

again to what i said before.

are you here for spelling or for the cars??

I have found that Rollaclub to be one of the better forums on the internet, so lets keep that reputation as I do not want to decode the SMS chat.

I see it like this, if you want to carry on like that, go and find another forum.

Have a nice day

here is my final comment/question for this post.

are all you guys/girls/men/women here to talk about how shit other peoples spelling is?? or about how cool your car, what mods you have done to it, how fast it goes down the 1/4 mile, how good it slides??

if you chose no. 1 i suggest you go and join up with Womens Weekly, grow some balls and get a f*cking life.

here is my final comment/question for this post.

are all you guys/girls/men/women here to talk about how shit other peoples spelling is?? or about how cool your car, what mods you have done to it, how fast it goes down the 1/4 mile, how good it slides??

if you chose no. 1 i suggest you go and join up with Womens Weekly, grow some balls and get a f*cking life.

how the f@$k are you surpose to explain how your car slides or how good it is when no one can understand you

"yea bro hetick drft cps love da cut springs, how much is a 4age conversion? i got about $500 budget and no mechanical ability?"

sure don't worrie about your bad spelling, but don't crack the sads when no one replies to your topic.

grow a dick then go f@$k yourself!