August 31, 201016 yr comment_464350 Ok, after the discussion about stopping a KE getting stolen here- http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=34210 I ended up thinking about this- You buy a ringbolt 'A' that will fit over the gearlever knob and wrap it with a bit of vinyl or foam to protect the gearlever boot. Then you weld it to a length of square bar like 'B'. ..or you make the ring out of the square bar, all one piece. Then you make a C-shaped section that fits over the square bar, "C", which is welded onto a lazy S piece of bar 'D' You bolt 'D' to the floor by the handbrake under the carpet. It stays there permanently with the C-section pointing to the gearlever. You put the car in reverse, drop the ring over the gearlever, slip the bar into the "C" section & drill through the C-section and the ring's square bar, and put a padlock through the hole. When you want to go somewhere you take off the padlock and toss the ring under the seat. To steal the car you either hacksaw through something or unbolt part 'D' from the floor. So you make it out of high-tensile steel and weld the "S" base to the floor... Will it work?? Can someone make them? Edited August 31, 201016 yr by altezzaclub Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_464366 I have something similar to what you're thinking. D tab welded on gear lever, hi tensile chain bolted through floor beside seat/tunnel Lock in 4th or reverse, presto! No I did not make this. Looks hilarious, but chain hides away under the seat when not in use. It Definately works Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_464371 What about two bars with a hinge at one end that you clamp over all 3 pedals and padlock at the other end so depressing one means you depress them all. Tho it would be tricky to install but could be worth it if its sitting for a while. I like the gear lever lock idea though. Edited August 31, 201016 yr by blzbub666 Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_464384 you guys realise you can buy these things? Theres ones you can get that hook off the steering wheel to the clutch pedal and I reckon I've seen em for gear levers. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_464408 http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2010/05/rzr...eft-shift-lock/ more info Report
August 31, 201016 yr Author comment_464415 Where's that from Evan, or what brand is it? That's the sort of thing my father-in-law modified, and I thought about it but reckoned the handbrake would eventually get hammered. Still, might be better than making one- Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_464422 Where's that from Evan, or what brand is it? That's the sort of thing my father-in-law modified, and I thought about it but reckoned the handbrake would eventually get hammered. Still, might be better than making one- i just googled "gear lock anti theft" and look in the pics. good idea but all i need is a hacksaw to get it off Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_464435 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ANTI-THEFT-LOCK-AUT...rts_Accessories doesn't look to good though, aswell just about all autos can be shifted out of park. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_464441 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BULLOCK-anti-theft-...rts_Accessories BULLOCK anti theft device clutch brake pedal lock Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_464443 My uncle had an anti-theft lock on his Camaro that pigtailed around the bottom of the steering wheel and hooked onto the brake pedal. Report
August 31, 201016 yr Author comment_464446 The problem with the steering wheel ones are that its easy to cut a steering wheel. That handbrake one looks a bit lightweight in the hinge area Evan, but I suppose it makes the car next door easier to steal. Its still the best of the three I think. The Bullock is too model dependent with different pedals, and the red one is just for autos as it holds the stick forward. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_464514 would be good if you could modify the g/box to have an ignition activated soleniod... so if no key then no movy movy... i have ideas ticking over in my head... you could have the soleniod lock the gear. Report
September 1, 201016 yr Author comment_464793 couldnt you just unscrew the noob and pull it off??? possibly... I can remember a young lady in my youth I swear could do that.... :hmm: I do prefer my design, but that one does look a lot better! Report
September 1, 201016 yr comment_464850 Chain link welded/attached to the shifter, locked to a chain attached to the hand brake. would work for both auto and manual. Car wouldnt be able to get into or out of gear unless the hanbrake is removed. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now