January 20, 201115 yr Author comment_496920 little update, yesterday i thought i should finlly cover the grand canyon around my gearbox tunnel. never worked with sheet metal before, so its a little dodgy but it does the job, heres a few pics of things :) oh and decided to clean up the look of my engine bay a little took the rocket cover back to polised steel, and painted the chrome air filter black, i think it looks alot better is there anyway to hide all these wires? lol there f@$king annoying Report
January 20, 201115 yr comment_496923 You need to run a hose of that breather hole on the engine hat to a catch can/spaghetti tin. Will keep your engine bay way cleaner. Report
February 20, 201115 yr Author comment_504418 haha so after todays jap car show. i thought my car wasnt japanese enough :( so i tried somthing original which i havnt seen done before (correct me if I'm wrong), well originally I wanted to rust my entire bonnet, but after doing a pacth i thought "screw this" so i went a different dirrection. rusting the TEQ logo into my bonnet can't wait till it gets some serious surface rust. pretty nuts i rekon Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_504427 I recon it will look awesome! keep us posted via progress pics! Report
March 23, 201115 yr Author comment_512139 hello all, i started pulling the exterior parts i don't need off today. eg: aircon and the exhaust manifold/carbie thing I'm not taking the engine head and block apart, thats to much effort. just going to stickit in and see how it goes, i know people will be thinking "take it apart while its still out, it will save time" But that seems like alot of work i don't have the ability to do :) anyway heres a pic or two of what i managed (it was really hard to remove parts becuase i can't get it out of this wheelbarrow :P) one last thing how much do the gasket inbetewwn the mainfold and the block cost? cheers for the help guys Report
March 23, 201115 yr comment_512140 Those gaskets are like 10 bucks from memory. I can't wait till next pay to do some work on mine. Report
March 23, 201115 yr comment_512143 mmmmmmm 5k power Great work mason, if you have no carbie just run your 4k one, has served me well on mine. Report
March 23, 201115 yr comment_512144 Prob pay to get some high temp gasket sealant goo stuff as well for the manifold, another 15 or so. Make sure its a nice tight seal. I'm getting a whole VRS gasket kit for 88 bucks (ish) if your keen I can see if I can get you one too. EDIT : I see your not taking it apart, not necessary then. Edited March 23, 201115 yr by blzbub666 Report
March 23, 201115 yr Author comment_512145 yeah i have the 32/36 webber on my 4k which ill just chuck on :) do all 5k's come with electronic dizzys? hope therer not to hard to set up. I'm sure there is a tutorial i can read on here somewhere wont have that money for 2 weeks reed, if you are still waiting to order it then ill get one aswell :y: . if not the standard one will do me fine Edited March 23, 201115 yr by Mason. Report
March 23, 201115 yr comment_512146 Nah mine has a points dizzy. http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/47165-new-electroinic-distributors-2k-3k-4k-5k/ And there was a thread about installing them somewhere. Report
March 23, 201115 yr comment_512152 Hey mate, try and get the one piece gasket rather than the 2 piece. I think I payed 20 bucks for one. Do you know the condition of the 5k? How many ks on it? I'm hoping for your sake its not a smokey old bugger or something.. Anyway good work. Keep it up. Cheers ps. how did the bonnet go has it rusted in a cool way yet? :happy: Report
March 23, 201115 yr Author comment_512159 Do you know the condition of the 5k? How many ks on it? I'm hoping for your sake its not a smokey old bugger or something.. haha it was sitting at the wreckers for a few months, apparently it was a 'good runner' before they pulled it out of the van. thats what the wrecker block said, but he's obviously going to say that :glare: who knows will find out on the weekend when i whack it in. if its buggered i guess ill pull it out and do some real work to it :y: haha and the bonnet turned out just how i wanted it to :wink: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now