>>> The Stig Is Sacked! <<<

JJT036

Members dont see this ad
I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes, never noticed any Kiwi accents.

I've watched pretty much every episode from both seasons, the presenters are Australian (although Charlie Cox was born in England I believe) and the studio/track are in Australia (Camden Airport for the track and Bankstown Airport for the studio).

Tazrolla is either trippin' or trying to make a joke that doesn't work.

I don't know why they need to keep the Stig a secret.

It's not that they need to keep his identity secret, it is that the entire purpose of the Stig is to not have a real identity at all - in effect it could be a different person in the uniform each week (and they have definitely had different White Stigs for particular occasions, Collins was just the regular driver).

If it was known that the Stig was, say, Damon Hill all along then critics etc might claim that he'd be biased towards particular cars or that his driving style mightn't suit others - the Stig's anonymity gets rid of any identity-based perceived bias and gets down to the real raw performance of the car itself. In theory, the Stig should be able to be replaced by a computer algorithm or a robotic driver (in a futuristic world perhaps) and the results shouldn't change, neither should the public's perceptions of the results.