October 17, 200619 yr comment_146870 theres a good silver called GM steel wheels. its a good reflective silver, i used it on the frame of my TA22 lights. well done this is an awesome thread and a good deal of commitment to a build. good work indeed. Report
October 20, 200619 yr comment_147372 I know where I can get a chroming kit. I'll definitely buy one if I can get enough people prepared to pay for chroming work. Report
October 29, 200619 yr comment_148654 Yesterday Matt and I got onto finishing off the fuel lines, putting them back together.. Also started to clean up the fuel tank. Report
October 29, 200619 yr Author comment_148668 Thanks justin. Yup, its lookin so good. Did you get a good shot of both lines together? Next week id love to get a radiator, if i can afford it. Once thats in, its going to be getting closer :) Still gota organize some front calipers, as the other set are worse that the previous origional set lol. I'm hoping they are all not like that.. i don't wanta machine the caliper piston bore :) Report
October 29, 200619 yr comment_148700 I take it you're going to use standard KE70/AE71 brakes? You haven't considered upgrading since you're pulling everything apart anyway? Report
October 29, 200619 yr Author comment_148702 well, to be honest i couldnt really of been bothered to upgrade them. We painted all the struts and crap, before i knew i was getting a 4age. The it came along with it all, and i just cbf re-doing the front stuts to something else. I'm going to look at the brakes again closer, I'm really hoping its just old brake fluid thats inside there, not actually damage in the bore. *check 2 !* Report
October 29, 200619 yr comment_148707 Who said anything about changing struts? There's really no need to do it to upgrade the brakes. I don't actually see the point of converting to Corona struts when going for the Hilux/Peugeot upgrade, as you apparently still have to make an adaptor bracket for the calipers, and the Corona strut is just taller, which creates issues of it's own. Report
October 30, 200619 yr comment_148774 it is old brake fluid it is it is i promise u!!!! ill come with a screwdriver n clean it all out myself if u like :) coz that same shit was what was built up behind the seal and trapping the pistons in. the brake fluid must oxidise or someshit when it sits around, but that will a good deal of persuasion come out :) not that it needs to, I'm driving my car with calipers similar to that if i remember rightly, makes sweet FA difference to the abilities or strength of the brakes *goes and sits in corner* Report
October 30, 200619 yr Author comment_148780 lol its all cool :) ! I'm going to be rechecking them on saturday, I'm just overreacting again :) Report
October 30, 200619 yr comment_148857 The corona struts arent any longer than the rolla ones, people just cut them down so that the car can be lowered more. Jason is right, you don't need a bracket, you just need to space the hilux calipers 1-1.5mm's and file the calipers slightly (3-4mm's) and a spring made to suit the corona spring saddle and the rolla top mount, or convert to coil overs... This isnt hearsay btw, i did it :) :) spelling fairy says u = you Report
October 31, 200619 yr comment_148935 BTW teddy, have you managed to find those bumper bar brackets you were looking for? Report
November 18, 200619 yr comment_151386 Quick update, Car prep for painting is finally underway. Today the old boy, Matt and I were busy rubbing back the guidecoat on the body.. Report
November 18, 200619 yr comment_151387 The primer was a bit thin in a few places and we rubbed through it, So those areas were re-primed and the body also had the seams sealed.. Report
November 18, 200619 yr comment_151391 straight as a f@$king arrow! this thing is gonna be gorgeous :hmm: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now