Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

Update time ! (pics to come later tonight, thanks Justin)

Okie dokie, time for a milestone update.

Yesterday, the upholstery (from 1982 CS Ke70) of 2X front seats and rear seats + Roof lining were sent to Mr. upholstery on the other side of town. Will be finished in a month or 2.. Soooooooo can't wait :lock:

fuel lines finished being sanded & painted; too bad we ran out of paint in the end.. next week :2thumbs:

So, this week officially starts the end and the start of the dismantling of the white car :lock: :lock:. most of the interior will be taken out, modified and put into the blue car, returning the white car, eventually, back to stock.

:D :n: ;)

Members dont see this ad

Hahahah :n:

Carpet has already been purchased, altho its currently in the white car, i may / may not use it. Hell, its been looked after and would be as new, but the bother of striping the white car, again, to get just the carpet out..

Its Black plush pile. Its nnnice :2thumbs:

why haven't i seen this before.... i love it. i'm only half way through the pages and i love it. i can't wait to see the end result

i love the amount of detail you go into, this car will look great from every angle. I'd nearly be afraid to drive it, with the amount of work that has gone into it....

great work keep it up

Today was a bit of a slack day, More time was spent admiring K motors with Twin Dellortos.. Got some more paint today to finish off painting the fuel lines when we found the motivation. Also the mounts have been cleaned up a bit ready to be painted too.. Also the picture of the anatomy of a set of KE70 twinlights.. Oh, And we got a shot of half the fleet together :)

Sv100861.jpg

Sv100865.jpg

Sv100868.jpg

Sv100860.jpg

Did a bit of a pic showing what will be painted what, in the twin headlight setup.

Next week's work - install fuel lines and brackets. Hopefully get fuel tank out, and start to clean that up.

Also, Need to get front brake calipers (Loveke70 talk to you about it on msn)

And for those of you who keep asking me, The :) twin headlight :y: setup :y: assembly :( is :'( NOT:'( FOR :no2: SALE :no2: !!!!! :no2: lol...

front.JPG

All my experiences with chrome paint have been highly disappointing, and I'm inclined to believe that chrome paint does not work.

I've tried several different brands, and at best I've gotten something looking vaguely chrome'ish for about 2 days. And then it becomes more of a matte silver. And then I thought maybe I'll clear coat it. That didn't work either, the moment the clear coat went on it became matte silver.

Oh well. Hopefully it works out for you. Personally I'd either do them in a different color, or get it properly chromed.