Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

Got all rear control arm bushes today, and panhard rod bushes. Got rear shockie top and bottom bushes + sway bar D bushes on there way as well. Oh, and i picked up new break and clutch foot rubbers !

such a nice car :P

just here to help where i can :S

also, i have a few questions

1) i know u said that the source of the twin headlight font has dried up but is there any chance he will have more

2) where did u get the gt twincam16 badge from and can u get more

3) where did u score that dash from and can u get any more

Edited by Fat Bastard Customs

Guest doktor
2) where did u get the gt twincam16 badge from and can u get more

Isn't that from the E8 GTtwincam? Here in europe they are on the little 3 door hatchback (only the twinner ofcourse)

They can be ordered new from Toyota dealers

Regards Dennis

yes, that is all custom :P - i made all of it !

i purchased the cheapest gauges off ebay (oil pressure / oil temp / water temp) for the actual "gauge mechnisum" - everything else is custom.

Today I managed to get the brake lines cleaned up and back onto the diff, Also got under the car and finished wire wheeling the area where the diff goes. After it was cleaned I blacked it all out ready for the diff to go back in. Matt also picked up the bushes for the lower/upper trailing arms and the panhard rod. The old bushes were damn hard to get out of the trailing arms, Matt ended up drilling them out. Once the new bushes were in the lower and upper trailing arms, Matt and I got the diff housing back in. Came across a bit of a problem getting the new bushes in one side of the panhard rod though (Metal bush that needs to be pressed out). So hopefully next weekend we may have both axels back in..

Sv108606.jpg

Sv108582.jpg

Sv108583.jpg

Sv108586.jpg

Sv108587.jpg

Sv108603.jpg

Sv108600.jpg

Sv108599.jpg

Sv108614.jpg

New Bushes - Mmmm i love new parts.

By the 8th bush, i had the technique of removing the bushes down to a fine art :D ! - See the pic, note all the Cheeze Rubber -> Spot the first removed bush, and the last one !

Panhard rod bush was *not* coming out, even with CST 1. (Note sst tools on previous pages) -> that was a first, ended up bending panhard rod :P: - so, shes going to get treated to some 2000 odd kgs of constant hydrolic pres-pressure :)

Panhard rod bushes and sway bar bushes are new and on the way - being Red nolithane. The diff link bar bushes (see pics) are blue ! so its a nice little.. array of colours there...

Diff - Gloss black

Swaybar - Yellow

Springs - Yellow

Swaybar bushes - Red

Control arms - Black

Control arm bushes - Blue

Panhard rod - black

Panhard rod bushes - Red

Break lines - Silver

Drums - Red

it looks / going to look schweet !

Thanks for the comments guys !!

Thanks to Justin, for yet again, another day of faultless work ! :monkey:

Oh and on final news - as of monday, the NEW chrome bumpers will start there trip to Australia!!!!