Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks justin.

Yup, its lookin so good. Did you get a good shot of both lines together?

Next week id love to get a radiator, if i can afford it. Once thats in, its going to be getting closer :)

Still gota organize some front calipers, as the other set are worse that the previous origional set lol. I'm hoping they are all not like that.. i don't wanta machine the caliper piston bore :)

well, to be honest i couldnt really of been bothered to upgrade them. We painted all the struts and crap, before i knew i was getting a 4age. The it came along with it all, and i just cbf re-doing the front stuts to something else.

I'm going to look at the brakes again closer, I'm really hoping its just old brake fluid thats inside there, not actually damage in the bore. *check 2 !*

Who said anything about changing struts? There's really no need to do it to upgrade the brakes. I don't actually see the point of converting to Corona struts when going for the Hilux/Peugeot upgrade, as you apparently still have to make an adaptor bracket for the calipers, and the Corona strut is just taller, which creates issues of it's own.

it is old brake fluid it is it is i promise u!!!!

ill come with a screwdriver n clean it all out myself if u like :)

coz that same shit was what was built up behind the seal and trapping the pistons in.

the brake fluid must oxidise or someshit when it sits around, but that will a good deal of persuasion come out :)

not that it needs to, I'm driving my car with calipers similar to that if i remember rightly, makes sweet FA difference to the abilities or strength of the brakes

*goes and sits in corner*

The corona struts arent any longer than the rolla ones, people just cut them down so that the car can be lowered more. Jason is right, you don't need a bracket, you just need to space the hilux calipers 1-1.5mm's and file the calipers slightly (3-4mm's) and a spring made to suit the corona spring saddle and the rolla top mount, or convert to coil overs...

This isnt hearsay btw, i did it :)

:) spelling fairy says u = you

• 3 weeks later...