Anybody Work With Cardboard?

altezzaclub

so you know what the occiliscope pattern of a functioning oxygen sensor looks like????? ive worked hard for my qualifacation and they don't pass people who don't know what they are doing, but my years of experience don't mean much then?? what do you do for a living?

Bullshit, I know heaps of parts fitters at dealerships that have a trade from answering questions but know f@$k all in the real world, work in a workshop like I have for years, unqualified and I bet I would run rings around you.

hahaha i like it how you just deleted my 'how to wire a electronic distributor' thread from your links :happy:

Yeah, wrong thread but notice in your 2nd one from 2 years ago you state "my mechanic"

Wouldn't you of been an apprentice?

Members dont see this ad

yes that was two years ago mate, hwo would they run rings around me? you don't know me, ive worked in and out of workshops since i was 12, I'm not a dealership mechanic, i do know what day of the week it is... ive also got many projects on the go, ive built and tuned my own car, a 74 rwd lancer, injected turbo 2.6, i have done all the work my self including wiring up the ecu, building the coilovers etc.

Balance is good, as the oxy sensors show that very clearly. I'm hoping a few other members fit them as I'd like to compare notes about the performance of SUs in different conditions.

Needles are freshly made, as related in the build thread. I was running the ABH set, the 'rich' needles on the way back from Melbourne.

I'm running Johnson's Baby Oil in them! Used to run ATF but found baby oil gave better results.

Without a dyno I can't see if the pistons rise to the very top at max speed, but I read recently that the inch & 1/4 carbs don't go completely into the top of the carb, so they occlude the throat slightly. That's also related to the spring strength, and I'm thinking of replacing those with a lead weight, about a .22 bullet in each one!

There are a lot of subleties in SU carbs.

yes that was two years ago mate, hwo would they run rings around me? you don't know me, ive worked in and out of workshops since i was 12, I'm not a dealership mechanic, i do know what day of the week it is... ive also got many projects on the go, ive built and tuned my own car, a 74 rwd lancer, injected turbo 2.6, i have done all the work my self including wiring up the ecu, building the coilovers etc.

HAHAHAHA, f@$k OFF COCKHEAD.

hi guys i have recently tyaken my ke20 to work to get the carby looked at. my mecahnic says that its not running rich enough at idle, even with the mixture screw turned all the way out. Aparently i need to drill out the idle jet, when i have looked at the work shop man, i think it might be the slow jet?? or is this just the air bleed for the idle circuit?

You 14 now?

Know your shit but have to ask a bunch of ke70 wankers how your carby works, you say you don't come here often because of the people here but why come back, we don't need your sort here that gives someone shit because he has tried something.

Now as I said, f@$k OFF, no one will miss you.

thats nice for you evan G, and yes mate i have done all the work myself, i don't care what you have done to what car. How can you tell me to f@$k off when I'm just telling you the truth?? not who's being a wanker? just becasue someone is building a million horse power car makes them better than me? i really couldnt give a f@$k, mine is making a reliable 230rwkw and I'm happy with my efforts thankyou. no I'm not 14 I'm 21 actually.

thats nice for you evan G, and yes mate i have done all the work myself, i don't care what you have done to what car. How can you tell me to f@$k off when I'm just telling you the truth?? not who's being a wanker? just becasue someone is building a million horse power car makes them better than me? i really couldnt give a f@$k, mine is making a reliable 23rwkw and I'm happy with my efforts thankyou. no I'm not 14 I'm 21 actually.

there we go all fixed

do you know what the normal pattern on a occiloscope of a oxgen sensor looks like? of course its a zig zag pattern, thats the sensor cycling from rich to lean! did you see what the fuel ratio was when going into and away from said wind??

Maybe if the O2 sensor is hooked up to an efi motor while it is in closed loop mode. You do realise a carbed car is analogue, and in this case the O2 sensor is used for monitoring purposes only...

As for his mixtures altering with differing wind directions, have you ever heard of the ram air effect? I'd say altezzaclub is experiencing a form of this. The headlight is causing a shrouding effect dependent on wind direction, which is reducing intake pressure.

For someone trying to exude knowledge, your replies in this thread seem to express the total opposite. Who really cares what you've done, this thread isn't about you. Consider either pulling your head in or taking an extended holiday from this forum.

Edited by Felix
  • Upvote 2