Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Red Baron Ke25

Featured Replies

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 211
  • Views 292.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Pretty much decided to do an original colour closed door respray on the 25. As engine bay is alright. I'm going to switch the running gear out of the twenny into the 25 and have a te27 replica. The on

Posted Images

  • Author

a8ff5c2b.jpg

a5684c76.jpg

 

 

Been very slow the last 6 months but finally getting somewhere

  • Author

well i havent really had a look but the camber top is dialed to maximum -camber that the hole will allow.

This is actually just a dummy fit i still have to source JDM ae86 calipers and rotors. I'm dreading the day that i will have to cut the rear guards too =/

Ill post some more pics once both sides are in and ive got it to the height i want..

Another issue i have found is that the exhaust is probably 30mm from the ground at this height, So i can't really decide what I'm going to do. I may have to gut a section into the gearbox crossmember and weld an arch into it dunno yet though.

  • Author

Hmm yeah i suppose i could get them air freighted, ill shoot streeter a pm.

Another issue i have found is that the exhaust is probably 30mm from the ground at this height, So i can't really decide what I'm going to do. I may have to gut a section into the gearbox crossmember and weld an arch into it dunno yet though.

This is how mine is done, helped lift the exhaust up enough to stop any scrapping issues i had. Really like what your doing with the car :yes:

 

post-3517-0-79556600-1331967839_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Hey thanks for that and thanks for the photo! i think ill definately be doing what you did,the rest of the car is fine just under that crossmember theres no room. i could have squeezed it though with a smaller gearbox but i have a t50 in my trans tunnel. how thick plate did you use? i was thinking around 8mm

Hey thanks for that and thanks for the photo! i think ill definately be doing what you did,the rest of the car is fine just under that crossmember theres no room. i could have squeezed it though with a smaller gearbox but i have a t50 in my trans tunnel. how thick plate did you use? i was thinking around 8mm

 

I was able to raise my exhaust roughly 2 inches with the modfication. Used double 3mm plate but it is reinforced on the top and underneath. Its thicker/stronger than the stock metal so shouldnt be any problems with it later down the track.

  • Author

Now that I've got some steady cash-flow the big build begins...!!! I'm stripping it down to a shell, doing a bare metal respray( it has a few coats at the moment) doing the flares the proper way and smoothing out the guards. I haven't 100% decided but I think I'll be switching to battleship grey with black wheels and trim bits. Not to mention buying all new rubbers and getting interior redone in black

Edited by benhachi

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Bought a ke25 today. It's actually quite a nice original car with factory paint still it's red. Picking it up next week I'll post photos. :)

Edited by benhachi

Do like! will the plans for the 20 change now you have got the 25?

  • Author

Well the problem I've been having is I'm going to be putting alot of money into which ever car I decide, and I want it to be a good shell. The ke20 is a great rust free example but the 25 is better. And slightly rarer. It's got a 3k and toyoglide. I'm getting it on the road quickly

And I'll just put my te27 steering arms in her and watanabes on the front.. I won't be touching these perfect guards but the what's should tuck under with camber and the stretch they have :) original wheels on the back ha. I'll roll that fpr a bit until I decide what I wanna do.

 

82a56b46.jpg

f0187d9d.jpg

  • Author

Hate typing on phone with auto correct

Love ke25's can't wait to see what u do. Hopefully will give me some ideas on what to do on mine :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.