Owning A Corolla

madKE35coupe

Members dont see this ad

I've never had someone say anything bad about my car, or the fact that I own a 30 year old corolla. There will always be shit thrown at you for owning a toyota, but ol school corolla's every one loves seeing them. And my car is no prize piece it needs work but that's always a conversation starter, and I mean I've found that everyone loves the ol 2 door pillarless....come on....you know you love it.

Ke70 owners get shit thrown their way more than others cause it's that kinda car, like a skyline, silvia, subaru, VL, 180sx you know what I mean? (hard to type what is easier talked about in person) And this wasn't a stab at e70 drivers either**

For me its painfull to see classic, hard to find rolla's driven by P platers that drive like f@ckheads and abuse them. Especially when they are in great condition. Saw a 35 coupe written off the other day :( .Any car enthusiast appreciates eachothers oppinions. Some people are mad keen on skylines/ silvia's etc, some on classic V8's, some classic motorbikes. I still respect intelligent opinions.

I've got a KE70, and the only bad thing that's been said about it is my dad complaining I spend too much money on it and that all my parts are filling up the shed. Oh and my girlfriend calls me a bogan sometimes

Edited by rianwest

Just went for a 'lap' around ipswich's main street with all the comodoore drivers.

Drove past a cop parked on the side of the road at a speed bump, lol ofcorse i had to go slow over it cause of how low my rear end is!

Straight away their lights were on pulling me over :(

haha luckily i got mad cops that just wanted to see the rolla! haha trying to guess what year model it ws and what not

cop 1: "its abit low in the back isnt it?"

Me : "nah it looks lower then it is?"

cop 2: "you must have a full tank of fuel right?"

me " yeah its full so i scrape somtimes"

cop 1 " looks at fuel gauge" *near empty* "yeah shes full to the brink"

cop2 "have a good night fella's"

me" what no breath test?"

cop 2" oh shit yeah, blow untill i say stop"

haha wouldnt happen in a slammed holden, would get defect straight away! love my rolla

• Upvote 1

Just went for a 'lap' around ipswich's main street with all the comodoore drivers.

Drove past a cop parked on the side of the road at a speed bump, lol ofcorse i had to go slow over it cause of how low my rear end is!

Straight away their lights were on pulling me over :(

haha luckily i got mad cops that just wanted to see the rolla! haha trying to guess what year model it ws and what not

cop 1: "its abit low in the back isnt it?"

Me : "nah it looks lower then it is?"

cop 2: "you must have a full tank of fuel right?"

me " yeah its full so i scrape somtimes"

cop 1 " looks at fuel gauge" *near empty* "yeah shes full to the brink"

cop2 "have a good night fella's"

me" what no breath test?"

cop 2" oh shit yeah, blow untill i say stop"

haha wouldnt happen in a slammed holden, would get defect straight away! love my rolla

Same thing happened to me a few months back, cop waved me down came up to the window and checked my license and asked do you know why I waved you down? No why? "cus I want to look at this thing it's tough". cheers mate and off I went. On the gold coast people nearly jump out of their cars to give you the thumbs up of approval. Makes your day