Warning! Flash Flooding Toowoomba,Ipswich

GJM85

Members dont see this ad

Holy heck Trev i hope you guys get through it ok.

Creek is down at the moment, lets see what another 6m in the river does though.

Another thing I have been thinking about is that they dredged the brisbane river from Ipswich to who knows for gravel in the early 90's, I wonder if that will reduce the flood levels.

sorry, my bad.

Yeah Trev, that car is on the back cover of todays CourierMail....

That car show's what water can do (it has deskinned the whole car & even tore LHF tyre from the rim)......

It's amazing that there were not more deaths, nothing could stop that water!!! Not even the "Unbreakable Hilux" (refer to the above-mentioned pic in CourierMail)

Our thoughts are with the families of the lost and missing from this disaster.

Yep we're near Hattonvale. The yard is soggy as. We've had to dig some drainage out front, but otherwise all good.

I love rain, but this is ridiculous. Really feel for those at Grantham...

Yeah same here mate.

I've had a few drinks at Grantham Hotel a few years back, nice old pub, was unbelievable to see it on the news last night getting washed away.

Stay safe up there in the Lockyer and I hope your parents place isn't too badly damaged.

Immediate warning just been issued for Caboolture, Burpengaary area

Came Via a SMS

Name:

Number: +61429377121

Content:

Immediate Flash Flood Warning for Caboolture, Burpengary Area.Very high water levels in Rivers and Creeks.Seek higher ground NOW.

Time: 11/01/2011 11:37:56

Friends in Laidley have been evacuated, in laws near plainlands are still flooded in. Anyone know if the range is still closed? Thanks Rob, cars fine, but welders, power tools, thousands in hand tools, car parts, my boat project, mowers etc, fishing/camping gear everything was under almost 3 foot of water. SPEW!!! Could have been worse.