Warning! Flash Flooding Toowoomba,Ipswich

GJM85

URGENT: QPOL recommend immediate evacuations in some locations. Massive flash flooding in South East QLD Lockyer Valley to Ipswich. Reports mention walls of water between 7 and 13 metres high.

Expected flooding to reach Brisbane by tomorrow. Caution to all Western suburbs!

Two dead, others at risk in Toowoomba

Edited by GJM85

Members dont see this ad

Absolutely. All a bit far away from us in Victoria and hard to sort of believe it is all happening. Especially when we have been crying out for rain until fairly recently.

i did wonder how Cam and the others were going. Fingers crossed you get through it all unscathed.

Anyone heard from Towe001?

Someone wanna make sure he's ok?

Been treading water for the past couple of hours waiting for old Noah (aka Trev) to turn up in his ark.

How quick ? I'll put it like this, we went to the library, picked out a few books drove back home (about a 15-20min drive) just as the rain was getting heavy and i'd say add another 15minutes onto that and everything was about 3 meters under.

I am in the gully that went under in 74, the Goodna boat ramp is under and creeks are now inline with the river and there is more water coming.

Jeez I hope that you guys get thru it ok. There`s a shitload of water on its way down coz the dams just can`t hold any more.

Just for info, Cresbrook Dam needed 36,000 mega litres to fill it to capacity and it got that in 24 hours.

Good luck mate. Cheers. Trev.

Jeez I hope that you guys get thru it ok. There`s a shitload of water on its way down coz the dams just can`t hold any more.

Just for info, Cresbrook Dam needed 36,000 mega litres to fill it to capacity and it got that in 24 hours.

Good luck mate. Cheers. Trev.

This is the creek in the back yard at 9:30am, we are meant to get another 6m yet.

EDIT: Fixed vid.

Edited by Trev