Warning! Flash Flooding Toowoomba,Ipswich

GJM85

As South Australian's it is difficult for us to comprehend the magnitude of this disaster given our low rainfall, but can I just say that my thoughts (and those of many others here) are with all Queenslanders during this difficult time.

Stay safe and look after each other.

Best Wishes,

Tom

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Hi,

I got home form work today at 10am after opting to go home early (i work on river to so Ill be going back to work to clean up) But this is a phot at back fence of creek behind my place.

We are higher than 74 flood level but been here 15 years and never seen water this high. ANd i took meassurements earlier today thsi creek rose 15cm in 20min. And under this water is walk ways park etc that council decided to build in this creek as it never floods and is dorment...yeah right..LOL

post-1811-025235500 1294723501_thumb.jpg

Cameron

I am one of the lucky ones, no real dramas out my way.but at work today I went and got a stack of sand bags to try and protect our office, looks like it may be flooded in tomorrow. I work at eagle farm which is right on the river.......good Luck to those who aren't as lucky:(

hope they can get the stranded people in, almost need the mine dumptrucks they wont get washed away and hold many people haha.

thoughts are with you all and lets hope all of australia can keep on supporting and even other countries will too since on numerous occasions we have aided them. every little thing helps.

apparently alot of areas in and around brissy are flooding, corinda and oxley area are apparently going to go under, i live in inala on the south side, there is a creek in the park across the road and in about half an hour it went from ankle deep to at the top of the meter - 2 meter high concrete walls, the walls are on a diagonal sorta like this \....../ , and yeah it's full and flowing and broken a square out of it and carried it down the creek so it's pretty strong,

Good luck too all those people in toowoomba and rocky, and all the people in ipswich and surrounding areas hope nothing bad happens and your all alright

I am back from a failed car tow at Rocklea which has left dads truck hydrolocked and stuck in the Lindsay Bros depot, was fun to walk through water up to my armpits, I don't have time right now to upload pics and what not as I have come home to get a few more things and go to higher ground since the Police were here earlier to say evacuate so I will talk to you guys when I can get back.