Warning! Flash Flooding Toowoomba,Ipswich

GJM85

Members dont see this ad

i would rather give money to a RC memeber then just the hotline. trev if its ok with you, Open a bank account and I'm sure we could all give what we can.

As i said before, I'm in. Might not be as simple as just an account # though. Wanting to help fellow Rollaclub members none the less.

The legality of setting up an unofficial donation fund is questionable. Due too tax and fraud reasons all charities must be registered as that and all takings must be recorded and submitted. The way around this... is giftcards... go to K Mart, Big W or even KFC and buy a gift card and mail it directly to the people in need.

Although cash is a good thing to have, a $50 Coles gift card will free up $50 in the pocket and can not be abused in the manner cash can be.

post-1432-080070800 1294879450_thumb.jpg

http://au.news.yahoo.com/news-gallery/a/-/article/8599013/image/4/queensland-flood-disaster/

:lolcry:

Just like Wally, hang in there it can be beaten and don't give up

Was actually funny to hear wally say he is too fat to float away.

how are the cars?

I had the seca and the sedan out, Luckily I managed to get a trade plate off my mate on the tuesday to take the car to work so I have the 2 cars.

I started the cleanup (throwout) today, was upsetting to have to throw out stuff that I have held onto for nearly 20 years, I had to throw out all of my car magazines but I am hoping that my toyota books dry out.

I am now also living at my dads as I was about to kill the c**t that lives with my mum as all he could think of was himself, I lost my whole house, he lost SFA as the water upstairs was knee deep, the only thing I seen that he had to get rid of was the sofa bed that we had downstairs for a bed, I was getting all my stuff out and putting it in the carport, the story is long and I really don't wanna get into it.

Also, I am not the only one on here that has lost everything, Joe (Skip) or corollaparts69 on here is about 200m away from me but closer to the river and I was told by dad that he had no time to get anything out, I went there before and his AW11 out the front was still under water, I am trying to get a hold of him to organise a cleanup but his mobile is unreachable, all I know is that he is staying on Alice street with his friend sister so when I hear anything then I will let you know.

Jip is ok.

Thats good to hear

I started the cleanup (throwout) today, was upsetting to have to throw out stuff that I have held onto for nearly 20 years, I had to throw out all of my car magazines but I am hoping that my toyota books dry out.

:'(

I am now also living at my dads as I was about to kill the c**t that lives with my mum as all he could think of was himself, I lost my whole house, he lost SFA as the water upstairs was knee deep, the only thing I seen that he had to get rid of was the sofa bed <snipe>

:abuse:

f@$kin wanker, what memento value is a bloody sofa bed.

The guy should be thrown into the river so that he can float down flood water so he can find out whats of value.

Also, I am not the only one on here that has lost everything, Joe (Skip) or corollaparts69 on here is about 200m away from me but closer to the river and I was told by dad that he had no time to get anything out, I went there before and his AW11 out the front was still under water, I am trying to get a hold of him to organise a cleanup but his mobile is unreachable, all I know is that he is staying on Alice street with his friend sister so when I hear anything then I will let you know.

May not of had the chance to grab it or doesn't have a charger.

Be positive man be positive

Just came across this link on drying out books

http://www2.lib.udel.edu/Preservation/wet_books.htm

If you need the blue books on the 4age let me know, you can have them.

Disaster Income Recovery Subsidy - Flooding and severe weather - November 2010 - January 2011

www.centrelink.gov.au

G`day all, I don`t know if any of you are aware that centrelink can possibly help if you are losing your income because of the flooding. I hope the link works, otherwise just contact Centrelink by the normal means.

Cheers, Trev.

Ok Creswick, Beaufort, and a few other towns are now being evacuated down here in Victoria! Parts of Ballarat have been cut off due to flooding as well.

We have had nearly 100mm in a 24 hour time period.

Creswick has flooded for the second time in 4 months now.

Saw that on the news just before :(

My dads down that way

Tassies copping it as well with flash flooding.

Scumbag looters should be shot. Like people are grieving over what they've lost and all these scumbags can do is rub their hands together with glee

Shot the scum i say.

Hey guys, if you are flood affected and insured, ensure you contact your insurance company before attempting cleanup.

At Fernvale people are just throwing stuff onto the side of the street.

Parents were informed they need to photograph everything damaged before disposal by insurance company. They got hammered by water release from Wivenhoe with 5.5 feet of water through their house. Going back to start cleanup soon.

Ok Creswick, Beaufort, and a few other towns are now being evacuated down here in Victoria! Parts of Ballarat have been cut off due to flooding as well.

We have had nearly 100mm in a 24 hour time period.

Creswick has flooded for the second time in 4 months now.

Hope Ballarat and Creswick make it through OK,I have family and friends at both,good luck to all of you and again my sympathy and best wishes to EVERYONE affected by this situation. As the old tmers would say,"keep your chin up and take it day by day"

Reminds me of the 2007 Newcastle/Central Coast floods, although the flooding wasn't as bad as this it was coupled with some pretty wild storms so there was a lot more damage from felled trees/power-lines etc. Parent's place was on the side of a hill so escaped essentially unscathed (lost power for 5 days though so all the food in the fridge/freezers was gone), although even the houses on the hills weren't immune as next door got a river through their house because the water couldn't drain fast enough around the house. Knew plenty of people who lost houses and cars though, including a family whose contents got written off due to flood damage and completely replaced only to have the whole house burn down a few months later because of water damage to the wiring in the roof.

Sydney and Newcastle seem to be the main places on the east coast completely unaffected by the current state of weather too.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Anybody heard from JiP and Dougy ??

I'm fine Rob, Caboolture copped a hiding but that's miles away from me.....Thanks anyway though mate :y:

Trev & family (plus other members, I'm unsure what areas they're in) are my main concern lately, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for them. I've offered any assistance I can give & will be right there when needed........No-one should have to get through this catastrophe alone so it's great to see our members generousity :yes: