Warning! Flash Flooding Toowoomba,Ipswich

GJM85

Members dont see this ad

I would like to send a big thanks to everyone that has sms'd me, called me, replied or PM'd me to give me good luck and to lend a hand, you don't know how warm that makes it feel (having a teary writing this), I went down to my house at about lunch time this morning and just got out of the car and cried while I gave my mum a hug as I could not believe what I could see, I spent a fair bit of time in the street opposite the house just sitting there watching the water and having a good talk to the neighbours, I am currently on my sisters net & computer so I will only post one pic of the house of a before and after but will do a big upload once I get back home, whenever that is.

Sorry if the pics are big, dunno how to resize them on my sisters computer.

I live in the yellow house to the right of the power pole.

Home Before:

post-1373-076666100 1294838019_thumb.jpg

Home After (note that I live downstairs and my mum lives upstairs):

post-1373-026414800 1294838065_thumb.jpg

Tonight the water started going down, I am hopeful that it is the water receeding but I am sure that it is only the tide.

Edited by Trev

Fark! If you need a drier place to hide for a while and get your mind of things pop out for a beer any time trev. Only halfa hour from Ipswich. Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but tomorrow is a king tide too, that's why the water is on the way out for the meantime...

i was in bowen qld 2 years ago when it was king tide there was a bit of flooding going on there nothing to bad the river next to my dads place was a little high went out the next morning to check crab pot tho whole mangroves were under water it was weird in the dingy looking in to water and seing mangrove trees bellow u :S

for how much damage and violent the floods have been its amazing more people havent been killed i guess if anything thats a silver lining. still shcoking 13 but as i said could be so much worse

stay safe guys and try keep us posted frequently let us know how ya traveling if possible.

Thinking of you Trev.

Been in Hawthorne all afternoon prepping and sandbagging the In-Laws place. Felt like I was shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. The sandbag distribution point was just around the corner. Pull up, lift tailgate, and dozens of people bucket brigade sandbags into whatever you have. Filled the car in 2 minutes flat. Even left with an ice cold stubby on one trip. Brilliant. And people wonder why I'm proud to be an Australian.

Hey guys been following this closely on the news and also my Brother lives in Ipswitch, So it has come a little close to home for me as well.

My dad who currently is not working in the Victoria Police force due to Health is going to be talking with them today to see if they can fly him up there to assist with rescues and so on.

This is also making me think more about joining the SES myself so that i can assist in times like these.

If there is anything at all that I or all of us on here can do, then lets do it. Raising money is a huge thing, but also moral support is a huge thing as well.

Keep safe guys and we are thinking and praying for you

I'm with you Jaygore. I know they have the official donation thing happening but we're all on big family on RC.

Any way we can set something up to help out the members who need help? I'm guessing this would be hard to set up and run but thought I'd ask.

I like this idea, cos i can't physically help anyone out. Shouldnt be hard to set something up right? Trev, can't imagine what you're going through, wish i could help out :( . All the best with it man.