V6 Corolla Registerable??

KE20 V6 Turbo

Well as the title states...

I'm new here :)

Ive been reading up a lot on here.. lot of useful info! but what I havnt found is much info on registering a KE20 with a V6 Ecotec fitted.

I have a mate who has a gemini with one that is 100% street legal and registered with the V6.

Has anyone on here done it with the Ke20???

I'm in the process of building one and thought it would be nice to register it.

Does anyone here know an engineer in this field?

Cheers in advance!

Dan.

Members dont see this ad

i would guess that like anything else it will come down to how much you have to spend.it may be possible still but only through the assistance of an engineer as things have changed so much with vic. build regs now,as said,first and most important step,call an engineer FIRST.

i

I'm assuming that your friend would have gotten mounts from the rod shop as they sell v6 kits for geminis which are approved

contact them and see what they could do, and go for an alloytec engine

IMO although different not worth the weight

I'm in the process of building one and thought it would be nice to register it.

Does anyone here know an engineer in this field?

Cheers in advance!

Dan.

A list of the approved VACC signatories - VicRoads VASS

Pick one located near you and make an appointment.

I used Enkelman and Associates in Braeside for my conversion. Stern but fair.

Edited by kangaroosa

like lonely island said " i gizzed in my pants" well thats what I'm like every time i see a historical jap car fly past me powered by the engine it was built with and if its been worked a little well you don't want to know what i do then...........

The problem is of course that there is really very few "exciting" small toyota's out there. How do you make them exciting - put a bigger motor in there! So cinky you'd prefer to see my KE70 with a 4K and webbers than a ITB 3SGE with more than double double the HP? I better put my conversion in the bin :lolcry:

My next KE will definitely be an all alloy V6 of some description, will try and keep the toyota badge on the motor though, will probably have the firewall recessed half a foot and be track only. Now if you want to register it may be worth joining a licensed car club, then register your vehicle as a hot rod. Then you can do just about anything under the sun, but can only drive to track days, mechanics for work, organised events etc.

i wouldnt think there is any origin rust free cars around even my car has rust and its had full body work twice in its life.

any whos back on topic a v6 20 would be no easy challange just to get it to work then to engineer it and rego. I'm guessing you find no rego place or mechanic would touch it as they would have no idea where to start looking for problems. jono.c is right there were v6 camrys. when doing conversions usually best to stick with in the family i.e toyota /toyota.

the money you would spend on making it work you could save up the coin and do the same gemi conversion as your mate. best stick with what works or you could have money pit that offers no reward.

No comment......

In QLD, it depends on the vehicles weight etc bla bla bla. There is a ratio/equation to work out the cubic capacity you can put in a car of a certain weight. N/A or forced induction. Most of the time you will need a brake upgrade. Dunno how it works in Victoria, every state is different. Best talk to an engineer/ workshop.

Edited by ae824ate

Ive built many a car in my time and I'm not afraid of a challenge.

I once fitted a VG30DETT to a Datto 1600..

I know the KE20s are getting rare and collectable but there isnt much else left to buy to mod.

Ive had plenty to do with the old V6 having raced a few, last year I went 10.79@126 in a Factory Supercharged VT calais and a friend of mine has been racing a VP commodore that ive been helping with and he just went 10.30@135 so..... I figured a KE is about 600kg lighter than a VT :yes:

It makes for an easy 9sec car with out having to stress the motor.

Ill contact an engineer and see what the go will be. If I can't rego it, ill just race it.

Thanks for the help :)