How To Boost Hp On 4K With Out Turbo

ke70benny

hey guys, i need some ideas on how i can boost the performance of the stock 4-k in my 70,

as i am a p plater under the new laws in sa i cannot run a turbo or anything like that, i know it seems like I'm pushing shit up a hill so to speak but anything would be a good start.

cheers

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the overview of mods that are not allowed for P Plate drivers:

Their examples include Extractors and Camshafts

From this page

Vehicle modifications to increase engine performance

The following information is provided to help determine what constitutes vehicles modified to increase engine performance as defined under the high powered vehicle restrictions for P1 and P2 licence holders aged under the age of 25.

This information is provided as a guide only. It may not be exhaustive and should not be taken as a precise interpretation of the law.

Vehicle attributes that are affected by the definition of vehicles modified to increase engine performance include:

* Induction system

* Fuel system

* Engine

* Exhaust system

Note: under no circumstances should any of the above be modified or replaced with parts or components unapproved by the vehicle manufacturer, unless it is deemed essential during routine maintenance or failure rectification, see examples below:

Yeah, but I'm sure this makes it all non-applicable!!

the high powered vehicle restrictions

:laff:

Do the same as I've done- The usual stuff, so it keeps up with the trafffic and cruises at 100kph without a problem.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/page__p__445727__fromsearch__1#entry445727

Edited by altezzaclub

Ah- those restrictions are only for people who have only just GOT their P-Plates. Sept 2010.

High-powered vehicle restrictions

If you obtained a P1 provisional licence on or after 4 September 2010 you must not drive a high-powered vehicle if you are under the age of 25 until you get a full drivers licence. That means:

*vehicles with engines of eight or more cylinders

*vehicles with turbocharged or supercharged engines (excluding diesel powered vehicles)

*vehicles that have been modified to increase engine performance

*nominated high performance vehicles, including BMW M & M3, Honda NSX, Nissan 350Z & 370Z, all post 1994 Porsches and the Mercedes Benz SLK350.

View the list of excluded vehicles (PDF 65Kb) including those vehicles where manufacturers have used turbo charged or supercharged engines for fuel efficiency improvements, but are not classified as high performance vehicles.

If you are caught driving a high-powered vehicle, a $250 fine plus 3 demerit points applies, but could be as much as $1,250 if you go to court. High-powered vehicle restrictions do not apply:

*when you turn 25 years of age.

*if you had your P1 or P2 licence before 4 September 2010

Edited by altezzaclub

If you can find a 5k that would be the best option. Visually it does not look any different to a 4k (not to the untrained eye)

and it gives you a nice amount of torque. Any roadside defect station will not be able to pick up on it as it is identical to the 4k.

BUT if they were to actually read the engine stamp you might not get away with it. But in saying that the motor does not even need engineering

because it really does not make mutch more power than a 4k, just that it is more smooth in power delivery and driveability.

yeah i had a few problems with my birth cert, so i got my p's in december :/

tbh i really don't care about the laws, as i need to travel down south every day my little beast struggles alot :/

If you don't care about the law then why even ask the question; just turbo it.

If you don't care about the law then why even ask the question; just turbo it.

i got an old man thats pretty strict on the turbo side of things hes a bit of a dumbass wen it comes to engines but he would know what a turbo looks like but anything else he would have no clue :P

Weber, cam and quiet exhaust. & a 5speed!

The Weber looks enough like the stock carb, the cam doesn't want to be more than 270deg, and if you keep the exhaust quiet no-one will notice it.

Best way to fail... matt black, or more than one colour, chopped springs, wide wheels, no bumpers, 2" exhaust and cannon, no air filter for wild induction noise... and drive it like you stole it! :laff: