March 2, 201115 yr comment_507034 yea a bog stock 3k with a HD clutch would chirp 2nd :glare: I Second this comment and can confirm it would do it with 205/R13 on the rear... Report
March 2, 201115 yr Author comment_507048 I'm going to start looking for a 5k then :D .. would a 5k bolt straight into a 4k engine mount? and what gearbox would you use? Report
March 2, 201115 yr comment_507050 I'm going to start looking for a 5k then :D .. would a 5k bolt straight into a 4k engine mount? and what gearbox would you use? Basicly. Everything you need you can get from your 4K. The K40 or K50 gear box you have will work fine. Report
March 2, 201115 yr comment_507055 I went from a 4k with extractors,exhaust, 32/36 carbie and k50 gearbox (5 speed), to a 5k with same mods and noticed a big defference. IMO definately not worth it on the 4k. I ran 50.1 rwkw once having it tuned up. Report
March 2, 201115 yr comment_507070 the performance measurements of being able to drift on rain soaked roads and or chirping in second gear is just awesome. hope you blokes are doing it all on private roads Report
March 2, 201115 yr comment_507079 haha agreed with silverr23. quite amusing the comparisons being made. takes the "butt dyno" to another level... (my 4k, with a worn clutch could chirp second, with 10yr old 155 tyres) also peak power isnt much to go buy either. busting your guts out to get 51kw at wheels at redline isnt any indication on how it goes at 3000rpm, ie where you spend 99% of the time.... Report
March 2, 201115 yr comment_507080 hope you blokes are doing it all on private roads of course, every petrol-head on a public forum does... just like politicians always tell the truth when they make promises, and police always tell the truth in court.... :laff: Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_507153 haha agreed with silverr23. quite amusing the comparisons being made. takes the "butt dyno" to another level... (my 4k, with a worn clutch could chirp second, with 10yr old 155 tyres) also peak power isnt much to go buy either. busting your guts out to get 51kw at wheels at redline isnt any indication on how it goes at 3000rpm, ie where you spend 99% of the time.... Agreed. I had a revy cam in my 5K and thought it was crap, had to flat foot it to keep up with traffic at low revs. Changed to a standard profile cam and it's WAY quicker, and does'nt have to be flogged to keep up anymore because it's always within her powerband. Then on the highway I just put her in 5th, no problems. Uses far less fuel too, which is always a bonus. Why rev the guts out of your motor and chew juice when you don't have too? Well, that's my opinion anyway. Edited March 3, 201115 yr by Zoidburg Report
March 3, 201115 yr Author comment_507254 I guess I don't really give much about power, I just want it to sound tough (GILMER DRIVE :D) If I want decent power I'll go to 4AGE in about 3 years haha Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_507282 I put 2000$ into my 5k.... rebuilt, big cam, valve train, head work, twin side drafts, extractors.... still haven't driven it. took it down the drive way and she bags up real sleazy with a 3k carby.... i think 160mm of solex throat will put down more than the 45mm of a aisn 3k squirter.... Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_507289 Lol i had a 4k that had a big cam, etc, had it swapped for a heavily worked 4k (bored out to 1.5l plus the works) revved to 10,000 rpm and made 72 rwkw on the dyno, had a nice even torque curve too. not too peaky. after that i had a 5k with similar mods, tho i couldnt rev it as hard cause of the stock valvetrain. if it revved better might have made more power. Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_507295 no it was over 3 years back. its was a very angry motor out of a speedway car. it was bored beyond a "safe amount" and balanced to within a inch of its life. i had it for around six months then sold it on to a guy, it lasted another three months and split a bore lol. Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_507351 Wow, 10 grand for only 72kw... I rev to about 7500 and make 68. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now