T-H-E P-A-N-E-L

RA28GT

Well thanks to Nick I'm at the proud owner of a KE26 Panel van! Alot of you guys will know this car and know how good it actually is.

The car is truly in exceptional condition. Looks to be original 100,000km.

Body is fantastic with only a couple dents and no rust apart from very minor surface rust. Interior is amazing with an uncracked dash and dark blue NZ spec interior. Mechanics are good just need a few adjustments here and there.

Since I brought the car from Nick i have:

- Lowered the front with brand new 5kg 70-80mm lower springs (thanks Ryan)

- New body molds down sidelines

- Chrome wheel arch molding

- Rubbed away alot of surface on the stone tray and other various spots. Just disappeared was an easy fix.

- Painted the inner guards with black sound deadener

- General Interior tidy up

Future Plans?

FIX THE BUNG GUARD (which some people will know about)

I want the 'tough stock' look with this car. Its a daily so I don't want too much attention, biggest change will be widened 13" Mazda steelies with an interesting paint scheme. Will also get a rear venetian and possibly take off the visor? I haven't decided if it suits the Van.

Anyway heres a few pitures, will have interior shots up shortly, my camera battery died!!

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

Edited by RA28GT
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

I think wide steel rims with the chrome smoothie hubcaps, rear venetians... some sort of " plumbing " or " handy man " old school sign writing and black a few of the lights out and this thing will be unreal. Also... get it on the invisible bump stops hahaha!

What have you done the the guard, I can see some sort of a crease up top.. ;)

I think wide steel rims with the chrome smoothie hubcaps, rear venetians... some sort of " plumbing " or " handy man " old school sign writing and black a few of the lights out and this thing will be unreal. Also... get it on the invisible bump stops hahaha!

What have you done the the guard, I can see some sort of a crease up top.. ;)

Ive thought of a few things like that but its just so original that i don't want too mess anything up to much.

Since its my Daily it wont be going low, maybe a tiny bit lower on rear? But I'm actually pretty happy with where it is.

I brought the car with a smashed up front guard, its been like it for ages. I have a spare guard that I'm going to get painted up to match the original paint as best as possible.

Om nom nom. Looked unreal today, love this thing.

Is that with the 5kg's in?

Oh, and don't worry about that guy today, always putting the shits up people :)

All good he was just pissed off haha, didn't want to get you into trouble with work!

Yeh mate with the 5kg's in it. Drive a hell of alot better, just need to get the tracking correct now.

Please tell us your plans of toughening it up!

Going for some 14", wide stockies sounds like an amazing idea, and a little bit lower.

Decent pickup.

Wont be 14's, i think 14's are a little too big imo. Some wide 13's would suit it down to a tee.

Edited by RA28GT

All good he was just pissed off haha, didn't want to get you into trouble with work!

Yeh mate with the 5kg's in it. Drive a hell of alot better, just need to get the tracking correct now.

Wont be 14's, i think 14's are a little too big imo. Some wide 13's would suit it down to a tee.

Its all good and sorted out, nothing to worry about ;)

Take it to Pedders at Morphett Vale for a wheel alignment. Guy in there loves his KE's