Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Granny Twenty!

Featured Replies

Hey guys finally i have found myself a ke20 and been able to go through with the sale. I bought it Friday off Ra28gt and have been loving life since.

 

I haven't taken any pictures as yet but hes made a thread about it... Looks the same so far...

 

I do like the granny look so i think that i will go with that so far..

 

Plans are to put a sun visor on it and maybe widen the stock 12". It does need new carpet and roof lining that will be done in the next few weeks. Other than that its up in the air.

The car comes with a spare 3k engine and i am undecided whether or not build that up with cam, webbers etc.. or go for a 4/5k? would it be worth spending money on a 3k?

 

At the minute I am busy building a custom parcel shelf that will let me fit 6x9s and 6" splits with them being covered... yet to find out how but ill work something out.

 

Cheers Tom

post-11414-049876400 1300098584_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 43
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're a very lucky man to have this. This car is just awesome. My dad was going to buy it, but by the time I showed my Dad the ad, it was already sold !! ;)

 

Josh :cool:

  • Author

haha cheers mate... I'm so stoked... in two minds on what to do though but definitely keeping it granny :dance:

Lots of different styles you can do! You might struggle to widen the 12" wheels however, nobody will have the correct outer rim size available.

 

Hope you enjoy it mate!

  • 4 weeks later...

anything ever been done to this? i reckon some bigger steelies would look really cool! and if i were you id build a 5k for sure!

That thing is dam sexy. Widened steelies would be sick, how do you do it?

  • Author

A quick update, as I myself am in a financial crisis, my plans are bigger than actions at the minute.

 

Engine wise, the car comes with a rebuilt 3k which i am looking at putting twin down draft carbys on it from the sprinter model... (still looking for manifold someone help me out)

As for the wheel, I'm thinking that I will look at 13" mazda wheels.. For the minute i am painted the rear wheels black and it looks the goods. As for the paint, i am slowly polishing, with a original colour re spray in the planning.

 

In side I have fitted two alpine 6x9's under the rear parcel shelf which is covered and hidden.

 

Keep you posted..

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Author

Its been a long time since Ive updated...

 

Today the engine goes into a work shop to get a cam, double valve springs, hardened seals etc... Hopefully he will split with his 3k-b carby set up aswell. :P

 

As for the car, new roof lining and carpet will be ordered sometime this week. I have also found some 14" steelies that have been engineered to fit the 4x110 stud pattern...

 

A quick question i am in two minds about the quad head light setup.... Seeings though I want to make it semi stock should I go back to original?

 

Cheers Tom

Its been a long time since Ive updated...

 

Today the engine goes into a work shop to get a cam, double valve springs, hardened seals etc... Hopefully he will split with his 3k-b carby set up aswell. :P

 

As for the car, new roof lining and carpet will be ordered sometime this week. I have also found some 14" steelies that have been engineered to fit the 4x110 stud pattern...

 

A quick question i am in two minds about the quad head light setup.... Seeings though I want to make it semi stock should I go back to original?

 

Cheers Tom

 

mate i know it wont be 100% original but the quad make this a unique ke20 and its kinda original looking anyway so i personally would keep them there they add some class to the car

the quads rock i would keep them i dint notice them at first glance then i was " ohh wow that looks wicked with twins"

keep the quads and if you get or have rear se or sl trims you could hide speakers behind the standard speaker covers that they have.

Keep the quads Tom, they look pretty original mate and really make this 20 stand out from the pack.

  • Author

well by unanimous decision the quads are staying :dance:

 

Keep you posted!

 

Cheers Tom

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.