Granny Twenty!

rollas-r-us

Hey guys finally i have found myself a ke20 and been able to go through with the sale. I bought it Friday off Ra28gt and have been loving life since.

I haven't taken any pictures as yet but hes made a thread about it... Looks the same so far...

I do like the granny look so i think that i will go with that so far..

Plans are to put a sun visor on it and maybe widen the stock 12". It does need new carpet and roof lining that will be done in the next few weeks. Other than that its up in the air.

The car comes with a spare 3k engine and i am undecided whether or not build that up with cam, webbers etc.. or go for a 4/5k? would it be worth spending money on a 3k?

At the minute I am busy building a custom parcel shelf that will let me fit 6x9s and 6" splits with them being covered... yet to find out how but ill work something out.

Cheers Tom

post-11414-049876400 1300098584_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update, as I myself am in a financial crisis, my plans are bigger than actions at the minute.

Engine wise, the car comes with a rebuilt 3k which i am looking at putting twin down draft carbys on it from the sprinter model... (still looking for manifold someone help me out)

As for the wheel, I'm thinking that I will look at 13" mazda wheels.. For the minute i am painted the rear wheels black and it looks the goods. As for the paint, i am slowly polishing, with a original colour re spray in the planning.

In side I have fitted two alpine 6x9's under the rear parcel shelf which is covered and hidden.

Keep you posted..

• 5 weeks later...

Its been a long time since Ive updated...

Today the engine goes into a work shop to get a cam, double valve springs, hardened seals etc... Hopefully he will split with his 3k-b carby set up aswell. :P

As for the car, new roof lining and carpet will be ordered sometime this week. I have also found some 14" steelies that have been engineered to fit the 4x110 stud pattern...

A quick question i am in two minds about the quad head light setup.... Seeings though I want to make it semi stock should I go back to original?

Cheers Tom

Its been a long time since Ive updated...

Today the engine goes into a work shop to get a cam, double valve springs, hardened seals etc... Hopefully he will split with his 3k-b carby set up aswell. :P

As for the car, new roof lining and carpet will be ordered sometime this week. I have also found some 14" steelies that have been engineered to fit the 4x110 stud pattern...

A quick question i am in two minds about the quad head light setup.... Seeings though I want to make it semi stock should I go back to original?

Cheers Tom

mate i know it wont be 100% original but the quad make this a unique ke20 and its kinda original looking anyway so i personally would keep them there they add some class to the car