My 83 Ke70 Build

shLONG13

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

So time for another update guys, havent done one in a while as i have been waiting on parts i have orded off the net :bash:

Orded alot of stuff for the beast over the last month to try and get her done before the powercruise show down here in Tassie.

Recently orded side indicators which have arrived and are now on,chrome number plate lamps, spedo cable, sparco alloy pedals, momo steering wheel and boss, set of original uncut keys and some Rockford Fosgate speakers :yes:

Another bit of mad news is that i also orded my BC V1 AE86 coilovers and they arrived the other day and i have begun fitting them :D so far i managed to file out the Ke70 bottom steering knuckles and recess the locator back in place with the dremil tool because as you might know AE86 knuckles are about 1mm difference between the holes. So they now fit in there perfectly :) Also borrowed an AE86 hub off a mate to try a wheel on for size and everythings all good. Now all i need is the hubs, rotors, callipers and backing plate off an ae86 to complete it.

Rear ones fitted straight in and I'm very impressed with the overall quality and the way the dampeinig works, well woth the money. I can now run a really low ride height without compromising shock and spring travel.

Found a 3" stainless dump tip to that i had to have aswell :laff:

Aslo found a tacho dash for her thanks to Ben (BlueKsev) loves it.

post-13044-0-57992100-1324722938_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-90276800-1324722966_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-37531500-1324722995_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-18770000-1324723019_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-82401900-1324723041_thumb.jpg

I have these same BC Racing V1 coilovers, have you already test are they working good? Yor car looks nice with these :) I stil have to instal back springs and shocks, and I can do test drive after 4 months because now is winter in Finland and roads are very slippery because of snow and ice :D

Sooo good! Also got myself a set of bc racing Coilovers . I got the Rm series :D

Nice, i couldnt afford them :laff:

I have these same BC Racing V1 coilovers, have you already test are they working good? Yor car looks nice with these :) I stil have to instal back springs and shocks, and I can do test drive after 4 months because now is winter in Finland and roads are very slippery because of snow and ice :D

Na it hasnt got any rego yet, just finishing off little things here and there at the moment. Still waiting on some bits to arrive then i can get it to the exhaust shop.

Oh yeah that would suck man :(

Got an awesome present for Christmas from the old man. A kick ass secerity system that immobilises the car and activates the central locking, has an 128db alarm 6 tone siren that is one of the loudest available, can be activated from over 100 feet away, has shock sensor detection and a bonnet alarm switch if someone manages to get it open and a back up battery on the alarm if someone disconnects the battery. Also wires into the indicators so they blink and the siren beeps when it is locked and unlocked and it has a remote control panic mode to scare people off. Loves it :D thanks Dad

So we began the mamoth task of wiring in the millions of wires yesterday and finished it off this afternoon and it works a treat, i also set the alarm off and i can safley say that yes it is one of the loudest as i am nearly deff :laff:

post-13044-0-77420000-1324975012_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-37767800-1324975039_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-93098800-1324975066_thumb.jpg

Stupidly awesome alarm for Christmas = WIN!!!!!!

Nice score.

Hells yes :laff:

Coming along so well dude, looks insane :)

Please tell me your keeping the trusty 4k?

Cheers bro, yeah keeping the 4k for a while. Going to get a 5k block worked by dads mate later on, put a cam in it and some bigger valves and get the compression up on it abit and put a set of twin webbers on it if i can find some, keep it old school :) might put a quad throttle 4age 16v in it later on but that will be a long time away.

Its getting there Matty, only getting better with time! An alarm is a mans best friend :y:

The pic of you with the car looks quite menacing!

Thanks man not to much longer now. Yeah got to have an alarm, stop the scummers trying to knock my baby off :laff:

Edited by shLONG13

• 2 weeks later...

So been flat stick working on the car over the last 3 day finishig off little details and other bits around the car to get it done before the Powercruise show in 3 weeks.

Got some cleang stuff for christmas so i decided to give her a wash and detail.

Also heaps of stuff i orded off the net arrived over the last few days. By far the best thing that arrived was the MOMO stearing wheel :wub: I raced out and brought a boss kit for it as soon as i got it :laff:

Added a bit of jdm to the inside :cool:

My Rockford 4" speakers arrived for the front kick pannels along with 3 JDM air fresherners which came with a free keyring = WIN :laff: Also the number plate lamps, original uncut keys, Sparco pedals and spedo cable arrived.

Decided to freshen up the rear end a bit more aswell. Stripped, primed and painted the sway bar and panhard bar and removed the surface rust from the diff plate, smoothed it off and painted it satin black :D

post-13044-0-62170800-1325848130_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-41020600-1325848158_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-81499200-1325848190_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-58681700-1325848229_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-14171200-1325848533_thumb.jpg

Edited by shLONG13