May 11, 201115 yr comment_523379 hey mate where did you get the bonnet from i have been after one of them for ages ay Report
May 20, 201115 yr Author comment_525526 Hey guys, little bit of an update. Continuing with the bog work, slowly working out all of the dints in the car. Also fiddled with the rear bar/tow ball today. As a 4k is gutless at the best of times, as well as it being illegal for me to tow on my p's and the fact it is butt ugly, I feel the tow ball is unnecessary. ke55 bars (rubber end caps) are hideous so I also want to change that, so I played the ke30 chrome one and tried to fit it little tighter to the body of the car. Before: No bar: Ke30 bar just held in place: Chrome polished vs unpolished: Mmmm bodywork :bash: Would like to hear some feedback on the rear bar situation, a few of my mates suggest leaving the rear bar off, not very convinced on that idea. I know my numberplate is showing cbf removing. Cheers, Crowie. Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_525541 tow ball looks disgusting, looks soo much better with the ke30 bar on the back, this thing will look hella clean onces its painted up, good work man Report
May 20, 201115 yr Author comment_525551 Oh forgot to mention, tomorrow the spare wheel holder will be removed from underneath the car and the spare placed in the rear with the rear seats folded down. I really despise driving people around in my car as something usually gets broken, or it's a major pain in the ass driving 4 other people back to their cars after a night out. This is also gives me a little more room to play with if I choose to go lower in the future as it is currently the lowest point of the car. Ordering holden vn wagon short stroke shocks and otomoto weld on coil over sleeve kit. Going any lower in the front with springs and short stroke shocks isn't really easy if I want a stiff and captive spring. Cheers, Crowie. Report
May 22, 201115 yr comment_525899 yea mate good to see u ditched the tow bat and put the 30 bars on is a winna the only reason i would leave the tow bar on is if some dick runs up ur arse i know my falcon would have been worse off with the one it has on it just my 2 cents Report
May 23, 201115 yr Author comment_526215 yea mate good to see u ditched the tow bat and put the 30 bars on is a winna the only reason i would leave the tow bar on is if some dick runs up ur arse i know my falcon would have been worse off with the one it has on it just my 2 cents Not going to be very happy if someone crashes into the back of it. I drove to Caloundra to pick up the tailgate, and good condition ke30 bars aren't cheap either. What I'm more worried about is someone backing into/driving into my car when it is parked and I'm not around and pissing off, insurance doesn't cover that. Update: almost got the body to a state that I'll be happy with. Off to buy some paint and prep gear tomorrow, If all goes to plan car will be painted within the fortnight. :dance: Report
May 23, 201115 yr comment_526273 Not going to be very happy if someone crashes into the back of it. I drove to Caloundra to pick up the tailgate, and good condition ke30 bars aren't cheap either. What I'm more worried about is someone backing into/driving into my car when it is parked and I'm not around and pissing off, insurance doesn't cover that. Update: almost got the body to a state that I'll be happy with. Off to buy some paint and prep gear tomorrow, If all goes to plan car will be painted within the fortnight. :dance: yea awsome just before the jap day and are you still going white for the colour would look pretty sick Report
May 23, 201115 yr Author comment_526359 yea awsome just before the jap day and are you still going white for the colour would look pretty sick I'm set on white as the colour, clean and simple :y: Report
June 3, 201115 yr Author comment_529212 Hey ladies and gents, Finally got around to modifying the ke30 rear bar brackets to fit tight to the body. Fits nice and should look good. Excuse my poor welding skills as it's the first time I've attempted :lolcry: Body work was completed Monday, nearly had a heart attack when the hail report came through but lucky for me it didn't drop in our area. Car is 100% in primer and is all pulled apart and masked up in a garage ready for hi-fill tomorrow! Very excited. Updates will be more regular as money is starting to roll in. Looking at getting a mountain of work completed on the car before the all Japanese day at banyo on the 19th of June. Just a shout out to all ke36 and ke38 wagon and pano owners, my rear vents on the side of the car are falling apart, I'm looking at getting some made up from alloy or steel and chrome/powder coate them so post in here if you are interested as I know these are hard items to find. Cheers, Crowie. Report
June 3, 201115 yr comment_529214 looking good mate, haha fuel pisses out my fuel cap aswell. I swear thats where all my fuel goes. If you can get a price on the vents that would be sweet. edit - worst spelling Edited June 3, 201115 yr by Mason. Report
June 3, 201115 yr Author comment_529216 looking good mate, haha fuel pisses out my fuel cap aswell. I swear thats where all my fuel goes. If you can get a price on the vents that would be sweet. edit - worst spelling yea bloody annoying, I'll got to Clark rubber tomorrow and grab a sheet and cut out a thicker seal hopefully that helps. As for the vents I'll call around next week and suss out prices ect. Report
June 5, 201115 yr comment_529703 Grab the one sided sticky rubber foam, i jammed heaps in there on mine, i think a fuel cell is in order Report
June 5, 201115 yr Author comment_529747 Oh hai, though I'd recap the progress so far. Cheers nisrolla I'll check that out sometime this week sounds like a better option. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now