Eoi - Road Trip To Qld And Everything Between

Evan G

Your choice  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BRB guys, off to buy a cheap laser keyboard to have a keyboard warrior fight :P

I can supply several old keyboards for just such shenanigans. No, I'm not kidding. :wink:

Now, I've had a thought, specifically for those on a tighter time schedule, or more into the classic road-trip/road-rally thing. Please don't mistake this for a hi-jack, it's just a thought.

Everyone meets in Melbourne on whatever the appointed day for leaving is, I'm thinking breakfast here, so pretty early, we can all do final fluid checks, talk some shit, and make last minute plans, then split into two groups.

Group one could be the tourers, going through, taking their time, short(er) drives, likely more scenic, more restful, many stops in all the little townships along the way as per the initial plan in the OP. This applies to those with plenty of time on their hands.

Group two in this case would be the shooters, making the more traditional mad cross country dash, 3 long legs, one leg per day, only stop for topping up fuel and munchies every couple of hours, and make a straight shot for Brisbane, in car UHF radios would be close to a necessity as the legs would be ~10 hours each, and everyone likes to talk crap over a radio, because it's fun, and frankly, you can only convey so much information through hand signals. :P

Barring a major breakdown, should hit Brisbane in 3 days on a fairly conservative run, which would leave more available time for visiting friends/family/RC members, drinking, eating cake, whatever suits.

Obviously this would suit those with less time better, or even those who just want to road-trip for a giggle(or a coconut).

I'm putting forward this suggestion purely to see what the overall feel is about it, it's pretty half baked, and needs a little improving, but you get the basic idea.

Thoughts?

/textwall

Members dont see this ad

Only takes about 19 hours to get to Brissy from Melb from when i did it last. 2 days easy.

My family always used to drive to Surfers Paradise in 2 days, we'd make it there by 2pm on the second day.

You'd have to spend a few days up there at theme parks etc. and pubs :y: very good looking people up there haha.

I've got the thought that I'm in Group 2 :hmm: The idea of a couple of weeks to take time & enjoy sounds frickin awesome, but sadly I can't get the time. :( Well, I could but I'd have to quit my job.....aaaaaaannd :no2: .

Hopefully I'm not one of those suspects :wink: I have all 12 points on my licence :P I might not if I do this, buuut.. :laff:

Just checked out the route again...thinking of stopping by Bundaberg, to errr, stock up on supplies!

P.S I'm not doing this for a coconut, I'm hunting bananas!

i reckon group 2 ftw! then who ever wants to take there sweet ass time on the way back can!

harold and kumara go to bundy factory? :lolcry:

we can meet with other interstate rollaclubbers who are keen to tag along

edit - whos keen/ a maybe so far?

keen

Evan G

Mhmills

Toy-yoda

Brent

Slo-030

maybes?

bAker

Edited by Evan G

i found a campsite near the river. we should be there by the 2nd of the journey before cains. factory outlet and campsite ftw or is it that bad?

or we could stop thru bundaberg then camp out near the beach (Moore Park Beach)

post-8435-012659500 1305116361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evan G