Eoi - Road Trip To Qld And Everything Between

Evan G

Your choice  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Members dont see this ad

Ok, seeing the group 2 responses, I had a quick look at the map, taking Bundaberg into account.

Melbourne > Sydney/Newcastle = 879 km/1,027 km (I've no idea if there's anything in Newcastle, but navigating Sydney is not fun at the best of times, much less first thing in the morning)

Sydney/Newcastle > Bundaberg = 1,289 km/1,146 km

Bundaberg > Cairns = 1,354 km

All relatively even legs, all doable in a days drive, all down to personal preference.

I'll have a GPS to avoid tollways, may make the route slightly longer, but if we're running a convoy and having a giggle we'll hardly notice.

Bundaberg won't know what hit it. :P WTF? Tourists? Here?

Bundaberg won't know what hit it. :P WTF? Tourists? Here?

Oh there's plenty of backpackers there... Mainly working on farms in the area.

Other than that though its pretty much a big retirement village :P

They don't call it FUNdaberg for nothing!

Oh wait, they don't call it Fundaberg. Its a desolate craphole. I think that's why they put a distillery there... So everyone's too drunk to leave.

With a distillery there, why would you want to leave? :wink:

yeah, ill 2nd that ^^ Place is an absolute shit hole.

i found a campsite near the river. we should be there by the 2nd of the journey before cains. factory outlet and campsite ftw or is it that bad?

If I'm visiting the Bundy factopry, I'll camp! Not a chance of me driving after that :fuzz: Gotta try their 15yr old (I believe) Rum :yes:

camp near bundy factory?

i don't have a good history with bundy ask SLO-030 :lolcry:

Bundy & I are ol' mates...except at dfunkt's engagement party :( That was not my proudest moment :blush:

Oh there's plenty of backpackers there... Mainly working on farms in the area.

Other than that though its pretty much a big retirement village :P

Mmm...crabpackers... :lolcry:

Edited by carbonboy

The Movie "Charlie and Boots" could kinda be inspiration to this trip. Shane Jacobson and Paul Hogan drive from Warnambool(?) to Cairns in a 202 HJ Holden.

Altho I reckon, IMO, this would be a bit of a tough challenge for 30-40 year old 4cyl Corolla's.

If this does happen, all the best to you boy's. :)

Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

Melbourne Cup Day - Tuesday 1 November

so if we take monday annual leave. we get fri/sat/sun/mon/tue and prob get home by monday. so its 4 days of leave for a week roadtrip?

mhmills wanna stay a bit longer? till wednesday? hit the goldcoast!

so if we take monday annual leave. we get fri/sat/sun/mon/tue and prob get home by monday. so its 4 days of leave for a week roadtrip?

Good dates!

That wont leave much time actually doing things, haha.

Might stay on the gold coast for a rest day or 2, go to a theme park and some pubs head home when you come back through after. Perfect weekend. :cool:

f@$k YEAH! I'm down.

What Evan has suggested sounds like something I'm keen for, my boss doesnt work on Melbourne Cup weekend/holiday so the time off is doable. I hadnt really thought much about actually doing anything than visiting RollaClub members along the way (getting them to meet us along our route?) & having a plane flight booked for home when I get there. :blinks: I'll have a chat with my boss when he's a bit less stressed (maybe in a week or three :() about an extra day or two, though I'm not liking my chances. My thinking there was to take my daily driver Blue Thing (I'm sure we can find a 4AC along the way if her 2AC dies :laff:, thought about taking the project if she's finished but a round trip to Cairns on fresh paint?!? Hellllllll no! :no2: Plus I'd only be able to take 1 other person :yes:

It's not that I don't have faith in a K-motor to get me HOME as well, it's just that...well okay, I don't foresee an OLD K-motor lasting a round trip :laff: Multiple drivers means we can have the option of driving overnight to get us some extra time up there? I'll be the first volunteer for the night shift, my sleep pattern's easy to kick around :P

P.S - I'm not sure if we can bring our coconuts (& bananas!) back with us :hmm: Pretty sure quarrantine people wont like the idea...

P.S - I'm not sure if we can bring our coconuts (& bananas!) back with us :hmm: Pretty sure quarrantine people wont like the idea...

Forget the banana’s, (but then if that’s your style ~ each to there own) {Just Joking} I go for coconuts ….. huge selection of flavours to choose from up with all of the back packers up here in Cairns. :wink:

Quarantine ….. more like immigrations ! :)

Looks like you have a plan sorted all the best.

Forget the banana’s, (but then if that’s your style ~ each to there own) {Just Joking} I go for coconuts ….. huge selection of flavours to choose from up with all of the back packers up here in Cairns. :wink:

Quarantine ….. more like immigrations ! :)

Looks like you have a plan sorted all the best.

:lmao:

Bananas here = $12.98 per kilogram at the moment :(