What Makes You Happy Thread

Members dont see this ad

Ron Burgundy: I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

Veronica Corningstone: Really.

Ron Burgundy: People know me.

Veronica Corningstone: Well, I'm very happy for you.

Ron Burgundy: I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

knowing I'm not going to work tomorrow, or monday.

going to byron bay for the weekend tonight.

sleepin in on friday, saturday, sunday and monday morning.

Have fun. Whereabouts are you staying? Not exactly 5 star accommodation here haha

2.5hrs work to go ;)

You stay classy sandiego.

I had a win today. It started off with the loss of the CS-X badge on the hatch of my 82. Got to work and noticed the badge gone. Bugger.

Looked on fleabay, plenty of expensive Toyota badges but no CS-X badges.

Went to the wreckers and could only find one busted up, faded thing. Not worth saving.

So I went to Toyota just for laughs.

Scuse me mate, do you have a CS-X badge for the hatch lid on a 87 AE82. (I was expecting him to say "a WHAT!")

"Yes, we have them in stock". :blinks:

Bulls**t, REALLY?!, fantastic, how many hundreds of dollars do you need for one of those?, I ask.

"$6.45"

Your F**kin with me!. Did you read that right, did you miss a zero there somewhere?.

"Nah mate, $6.45".

I asked him to repeat that twice more before he ordered me the badge.

I must of come off as some complete whack job, "Dah, how much was that again mista".

I didn't think they'd still have one, let alone for $6.45!.

Chuffed...

Whoa, I f@$ked that one up. I'll start again. Have fun man. Whereabouts are you staying? Not exactly 5 star accomodation here in Byron.

sorry only just saw this...

i stayed in a HUUUGGEE holiday house on the hill at byron, there was 10 of us.

3 floors, pool, pool table, about 6 bedrooms. could see the ocean and the lighthouse.

not far off 5 star!

Volkswagen warranty.

Puddle of water under the Toerag. Volkswagen Assist turn up, leaking around the water pump. Another man turns up with a tray truck, car disappears for 2.5 days, yet another man rings up to say its ready with a brand new water pump installed.

Cost: $0

Having owned other manufacturers vehicles, and tried to get warranty claims out of them, this was too easy. Holden in particular you would have more chance of speaking to your dead relatives than you would of getting a claim through.

Okay, I didn't get a loan car, which was a little inconvenient, but everything else was on the money.