Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maree The Red Spirit

Featured Replies

So I've decided to start a new build thread for an AE71 Spirit I picked up for a measly $800. It was a fair travel to Taradale, 50kms South of Bendigo, thanks to Evan G for giving me a hand picking it up.

 

She is red in colour, exterior is in alright condition has some rust in the usual places, righthand rear arch, and the boot. The paint could do with a cut and polish some minor paint damage on the front left gaurd, rust is starting to develop. Planning to just sand it back and give it a touch up so it's barely noticeable. Also the front stone tray has a fair amount of stone damage too, so I plan to pull the panel off and repaint it. The front bumper is a bit warped too, which I will be replacing, the previous owner said some guy reversed into her, thankfully no serious damage. Also drivers side mirror is just hanging, it has been bumped and snapped, so it's just hanging there. Kinda just flops around in high winds :P All in all I'd say the exterior is pretty clean compared to some of the KE70/AE71's I've seen.

 

As for the interior. Quite honestly. It's pretty ratty, but mostly the front 2 seats the back is not so bad. The woman I bought it off had TOO MANY DOGS. As I drove it home I was pulling bits of the interior out on the Calder Freeway, just crap that was broken or falling apart, such as the centre console and what not. The driver's seat is pretty much torn up, passengers seat is good just really dirty. The carpet is stained to shit so I'm just gonna get a replacement. The backseats are just dirty, need a good clean up. It had Black Venetians fitted, so that was a score for me :P

 

Mechanically, the car has done 320,000kms, but she was running like a dime until Evan decided to degrease the engine bay and soak my dizzy. I must admit the 4AC is far more ballsy then the 4K. She is a 5 speed manual with hydraulic clutch setup. I need to adjust the clutch position, if anybody knows how to please tell me!!! The 5 speed shifts pretty well and doesn't whine in any gear. The diff is great no noises or knocks of any kind. The car runs pretty quiet even when on the freeway at 110.

 

I think this is a great little car I've scored and it will clean up nicely. As for my plans for her, I plan to clean her up, get her back to stock and run her as a daily when I begin my Twincharge setup on my KE55 coupe. Then when that's done, I might chuck in a 4AGTE if I feel like it. Who knows we'll have to wait and see.

 

On that note I will leave you with some pictures, feel free to tell me what you think or have any suggestions.

 

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-0-10848000-1307838854_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-37073800-1307838875_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-23531000-1307838895_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-24935100-1307838956_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-09482200-1307838971_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-82286400-1307838992_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-71650700-1307839013_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-70441500-1307839030_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-64364000-1307839048_thumb.jpg

Edited by mhmills

  • Replies 184
  • Views 96.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Retard

  • :glare: who else agrees that colour coded grills look GAY!

  • The wheels suit it to a tee, you leave that grille red :poke: . And paint the stone tray please!   Good work Jake, should only get better :y:

Posted Images

For the pickup price, no complain :no2: Good score man! :y:

 

Looking forward to seeing its tidy up :yes:

  • Author

For the pickup price, no complain :no2: Good score man! :y:

 

Looking forward to seeing its tidy up :yes:

Thanks man, that's how I figure it too. I'm currently doing a cut and polish and the paint is coming up overrated! Minus a couple little scratches here and there. Also I think the owner used candle wax to cover up paint damage... It ain't easy to remove!!!

Nice buy Jake. Looks alot nicer than what I thought when you told me how much it was. Gotta get Trav to take you for a spin in his sev that will convince you it needs a 4agte.

 

Stu.

Too good Jake!

 

If my old red one came up Mickey Mouse this should pull it off too, no excuses.

 

Is there any rips/tears in the drivers seat? Because the other seats look like

they could do with a good wash. With a few swings of a socket and theyre out.

 

Pity you get this when I was parting out my 71, had a perfect original Spirit

interior and same colour plastics which I sold off. Anyway, you seem to do things

the right way and I'm sure it will come out great guns!

 

Venetian, spirit wing.... win!

  • Author

Too good Jake!

 

If my old red one came up Mickey Mouse this should pull it off too, no excuses.

 

Is there any rips/tears in the drivers seat? Because the other seats look like

they could do with a good wash. With a few swings of a socket and theyre out.

 

Pity you get this when I was parting out my 71, had a perfect original Spirit

interior and same colour plastics which I sold off. Anyway, you seem to do things

the right way and I'm sure it will come out great guns!

 

Venetian, spirit wing.... win!

Ironically I was thinking the exact same thing when I found it :P Drivers seat is ripped to shit, all other seats and carpet are just dirty as hell. I've nearly finished my cut and polish, paint is coming up nice and shiny and in good nick, despite all the weird wax shit that's all over it!

 

Cheers, Jake.

  • Author

BAD NEWS! Nearly snapped my Spirit Wing, it is currently sitting in the sun with some superglue, she will live!!!

post-11811-0-44397000-1307848128_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-53455500-1307848146_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-70669300-1307848161_thumb.jpg

how the flip did u manage that? no longer jelous I'm getting a spirit wing to woop woop :P

Nice pickup mate spirits are cool as, now drop a 4age in it :P haha... If you need spares let me know, because I'm getting rid of a few things..

  • Author

I managed to organize a day off of work today, due to illness. Around 2 o'clock I decided to get out there and finish off the cut and polish and remove all the birdshit now turned WAX!? I finally got it done, however I feel I need to do half of the roof again. I also resprayed my spoiler in gloss black, I think it suits much better then boring red spoiler.

 

Things left to deal with:

- Rust in the boot, only planning to bog her up cbf'd cutting blah blah blah...

- Fix the driver's side mirror, planning on getting some on ebay if someone can't help me out...

- Hopefully this weekend I can get the front end off so I can respray the stone tray.

- Replace my front bumper as it has been damaged as well as the driver's side bumper indicator light.

- Clean out the interior, MAYBE replace the carpet.

 

I think that's about it, I'm in no real rush to get this thing on the road seeing as my Coupe is still my daily and I don't have 100% of the parts I need for the Twincharging.

 

 

 

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-0-81148500-1308058723_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-41203300-1308058758_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-80982000-1308058792_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Yeah, but I don't want to spend too much money on her. I was planning to pull the whole interior out at some point and cleaning the shot out of it.

 

Thanks Spencer, I reckon it came out sweet too. Just need to get the colour code so I can respray the the stone tray.

 

Cheers, Jake.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.