Ke70 Camber Question.

I know this is a noob question

but do i need to get something to change the camber on my front wheels, like an adjustable camber set or can i just do it stock.

Or is it easier to buy the front set up out of a later model corolla

cheers.

Members dont see this ad

two ways you can add neg camber to the front of your ke70.

1. You need to buy adjustable camber tops to suit an ae86 sprinter and adjust them to the camber you want. $200+

2. buy xt130 corona lower control arms from the wreckers ($20-100) and bolt them in. this will give you approx 1.5-2.5degrees of camber and increase your overall wheel track by 20mm ish. (your rims will stick out more)

here is what corona lower control arms with 7" wide rims looks like:

17052011700ed.jpg

Yeah xt130 model corona. They are around 1983 sort of.

The ke70 and xt130 lower control arms don't look much different but heres a link anyway - http://www.rollaclub.com/board/uploads/monthly_05_2008/post-2819-1210146462_thumb.jpg

The camber from Corona lower control arms is small enough its only just noticeable from the outside.

If your after more camber, say if you use the Ke for track use then theres a certain model mitsubishi sigma lower control arm for that. Gives probably too much for road use though

Camber is needed if you lean on the front wheels a lot to maintain tyre contact patch through a turn,

if you aren't driving in this style it will just prematurely wear your tyres so consider your driving style

first and then secondly consider that camber tops are adjustable on the fly ie easily vs lower control arms which are

somewhat permanent during driving, so its better to do camber tops if your strut springs allow the movement in the wheel arch

without contacting the strut tower and you might have to convert to coil overs as qld code / ncop only allows 25mm tack increase overall so

its a more flexible solution really in relation to tyre wear and doesn't increase track, which is often taken up easily by

wider wheels with a different offset wheels which uses the 25mm track increase, 12.5mm per side from stock.

We cut and shut and extended my corona lca's :lol: worked a treat. also cut and shut my knuckles for extra lock also. love driving/drifting this car now :D

So you could just cut and extend your lca's and steering arms if you can't find any corona wrecks.

Edited by xris

ke30 I'm fairly sure are exact same length as the beloved xt130 control arms.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/36528-xt130ke3055-lcas/

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/tech-conversions/25687-ke30-xt130-front-struts.html

reference there^^

ive seen xt130 arms sell for $200, funny when you can probably get ke30 arms for free!

okay well after reading all these posts, I'm pretty much sold on these corona lca's

i spent all day ringing toyota wreckers in victoria and none of them have coronas or corollas of that age.

And anyway i don't want to get ripped off by some asshole at a wreckers anyway so I'm starting to consider some adjustable camber tops for an ae86, don't suppose anyone knows where i could find some cheap ones ?

Thanks for the help guys :D

okay well after reading all these posts, I'm pretty much sold on these corona lca's

i spent all day ringing toyota wreckers in victoria and none of them have coronas or corollas of that age.

And anyway i don't want to get ripped off by some asshole at a wreckers anyway so I'm starting to consider some adjustable camber tops for an ae86, don't suppose anyone knows where i could find some cheap ones ?

Thanks for the help guys :D

Dude, wreckers now a days rarely waste their time pulling apart corollas or coronas of this age. the best place to looks for parts for a ke70 is self serve wrecking yards. Don't call them. Go there with your tools, pull the shit off and learn how it all works!

so again go to - pick-a-part campbellfield and kilsyth, center rd wreckers clayton, jollys in dandenong. you will find what your after.

also cheap camber tops here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AE86-Toyota-Corolla-Camber-Plates-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588e8fbcc3QQitemZ380348906691QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Edited by e70van