The Most Stupid Thing Your Family / Friend Has Done (Automotive Relate

TOMsGPTurbo

My mate changing the diff centre in his Chrysler Galant, using 2 x scissor jacks as car stands. I chipped him about doing this and told him to secure the car properly. "Nah", he said, I'm finished now (can you guess what happens next?).

Yep, completed the job, all he had to do was undo the filler and top up with fluid. My mate gave a big heave-ho to undo the nut, car slipped off the jacks and sat down on my mates chest. Of course he didn't have the wheels back on at the time, so the full weight of the car was resting on my mates chest.

Luckly for him, I arrived about 2 minutes before this happened (he was doing this alone). With the help of a neighbour we jacked the car up and freed my friend. It was his lucky day. An ambulance was called but it turned out apart from minor bruising, my friend needed no medical attention.

Lesson learned...

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

I have knocked myself out with a old trolly jack at my old job that had the pressure lock valve broken

Anyway I did this buy letting go of te handle while it was down and it sprung up and bam hit me in the jaw split my jaw and left me laying there with all the old blokes at work laughing for months about the "new bloke" knocking himself out

My brother came to me asking if i had any spare oil for his hilux, as he didn't have enough to fill up his car after an oil change, he kept saying the oil guage sais its not full yet.

he was looking at the oil pressure gauge.

So after and draining a substantial amount OUT of his sump, he had completed the oil change.

My partner's Sister is the most mechanically stupid bitch i have ever seen!! Her whole family knows cars, mum dad her but not her sister tiff..

She brought a land rover freelander, 2 door hard top. sunroof all that shit, It had fair amount of rego and insurance, real good tyres,

Coming home from work she f@$ked the head gasket, so that got replaced by her mechanic, then the same spot the next day the car started overheating so she tried to push it up the hill once again.. same spot. the thermostat housing is plastic, it had broken and she blew the head again..

She got that fixed and the last time she drove it, she was at the same spot, car starts overheating, Not because of anything the mechanic had done she just is a horrible person and didnt fill up the coolant level like he said, she didnt check the fluids either, she blew the head, Pistons enlarged then shrank and were rattling in their bores.. head started to melt, the car literally would not drive any further,

so i priced it, half price brand new engine for like 3k and another 1k to install it, in total 4k for pretty much a brand new car, nope she doesnt want to do it, so she heads out and buys herself a holden astra.. piece of shit real nice body n shit pig to drive and just not that overall great.. 8k it cost her, for a second hand car she has spent about 2k on since..

People are RETARDED!!!!

Ashtray's are the gayest thing on the planet when it comes to automotoring. My wife financed a second hand one 3 years ago. They made that car to keep mechanics in business... holden astra = ubergaylordasuckasaurusmobile.

Edited by GJM85

any new cars are all shit! even new hilux's once they have a few k's on them (only around 150k+) they start to get things wrong with them.

Ahhh yep, they sure don't make em like they used to. My toyota crown 77' has done over 600,000km on the original engine and was only reconditioned as it sat in a paddock for 10 years, though still ran fine :)

a mate came over to use a few spanners to do an oil change and used to scissor jacks to lift it, no jack stands even though i have got them out of the shed for him to use, he used a old 20litre oil drum that i had cut in half to catch the oil. he then tried to slide out from under the car by grabbing what ever he could and by doing this he rocked the car which the fell off the jacks and then the metal bucket decided to put a whole in his sump. he jacked it up again. And what a surprise he tells me he doesnt need jack stands because they don't do anything

a mate came over to use a few spanners to do an oil change and used to scissor jacks to lift it, no jack stands even though i have got them out of the shed for him to use, he used a old 20litre oil drum that i had cut in half to catch the oil. he then tried to slide out from under the car by grabbing what ever he could and by doing this he rocked the car which the fell off the jacks and then the metal bucket decided to put a whole in his sump. he jacked it up again. And what a surprise he tells me he doesnt need jack stands because they don't do anything

f@$kIING LOL

i've known guys die from that sorta stupidity.

My best mate decided that his partners n16 pulsar needed an oil change. So he gets the tray under the car, undoes the plug and let's the oil out, and puts the plug back in. He then started filling the car up with oil, but after about half a bottle he checks the dipstick and its over the full mark? Not thinking anything of it put everything back together and thought it was right to drive.....few kms down the road the auto box starts making funny noises....... my father in law calls him mechanically retarded, he had drained the tranny fluid :)

brother halfway to sa from melbourne. "Evan my cars making a funny noise, listen TICK TICK TICK TIC."

uhhh you check the oil?

"its showing nothing on the dipstick?"

got some spare oil?

"nope, can you bring me some?" 3hrs away. not keen on driving

its a toyota drive it to the nearest servo :y:

• Upvote 1

Feel kinda bad for my mate, but we gee'd him up for a prank because of how into cars he was. Sad thing was... he didn't know a thing about cars. vvv

Rhys: "G'day mate. How much would it cost to install this turbo into my Jimny?"

Mechanic: "That's a waterpump, mate!"

Silliest things I've done was, drop a diff on my head after undoing all of the bolts; Driving on a bendy mountain road at 1am like a race car driver; doing up a steering arm to strut bolt without loctite.

I did something stupid tonight at work!!!!! had to do an rear axle bearing on a new model hilux 4x4 and got it all apart was a c**t of a thing to get the ABS ring off, did all that yesterday was waiting on parts and put it back together today and was thinking why the backing plate was not staying on!!! then pressed it all back together and remembered that it goes in between the studs that bolt to the diff housing! so had to pull it all apart again!!

We get lots of people come in that put diesel instead of petrol and vice versa.

Had a 100 series land cruiser on wednesday that where complaining about the brakes not working, so brought it in and found it had no fluid lifted it up ion the air and could see one of the rear brake pads had worn down that much that it had fallen out of the caliper so up for new rear rotors, caliper (whole thing had been ground down) so not too costly but we did all that and also found that it had been over 6 months since the brakes had stopped working and that it had lost all the fluid so we did all that and then the brakes where still shit so found that the electric master cylinder was also stuffed which is a $3000 part! so don't let your brakes get too low!!