Subaru_Kid's Ae82 Tin Can - Parting Out

Subaru_kid

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Did some stuff to the front of the car which caused the slight wear and tare in my front hub (the part which runs along with the bearing) to become a decent issue which now is causing some knocking and clunking, so I'm gonna have to rip it apart, repair the hub and repack the bearing -.-

In other news, around corners, this car is gonna be one serious beast by mid-september. ;)

we had the same thing in our hub on the ae92. Should have replaced it instead of having it built up as it failed at a winton day, so get one from the wreckers instead of repairing.

Really? :S how did you do the repairs exactly? I was thinking of machining said area down and chucking a sleeve on it...

Hmm, yeah I'm not too keen on welding them... I'm fairly confident the sleeve will work, I'm gonna heat the sleeve and freeze the hub and slip it on. It shouldnt budge once i pop it on. Ive already found some decent material to use anyway...

Do you have pics of the damage when it collapsed?

7698374350_9da4a37ac4_c.jpg

IMGP0118 by JustinLakos3, on Flickr

7698375120_8a088575c9_c.jpg

IMGP0117 by JustinLakos3, on Flickr

• Upvote 1

Wheel bearing issue just turned out to be a loose nut on the driveshaft :S

I tightened it up and it should be fine. Only thing is that an oil leak showed up today leaking from my drivers side diff seal...oil all under the car. Guess what's now on the to do list for next week...

Also swapped the dizzy over from the sx as it doesn't leak and put some engine covers back on to neaten it up and hide some of those little leaks hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Things done today:

- QFM A1RM pads installed on the front. (shit theyre good!!)

- Head bolts re-torqued

- Bigport Cams (VTAKZ YO!!)

- New timing belt

Things to do before trackday:

- a skid

- change all fluids

- fix leaky sump plug (gonna try giving teflon tape a go as a quick fix, anyone reckon it will work?)