Subaru_Kid's Ae82 Tin Can - Parting Out

Subaru_kid

Members dont see this ad

Fluids changed, car is now feeling alot better again.

Lots of parts have been ordered and need to be installed by next monday.. fingers crossed they get here in time.

There is a knock coming from the rear of the car. I thought it was the wheel bearing or camber bolts, both of which i changed and tightened respectively because they were loose, still the knocking is there... any ideas guys? only other thing i can think of is the exhaust?

Warn out bushes?

Stop making your car faster, I'm going to have trouble beating you lol :P

Photo's look awesome, glad you had fun. but where's the video?

Yeah front sway bushes are fubared... got some on their way along with other goodies :)

I have video of my pb but i can't post it up because of other reasons... sorry lads! if i could i would

When does it knock?

Cornering, bumps etc.

Whenever the weight shifts to the left there is a knock in the rear.

Just read the whole lot, and my last comment was an understatement. Nice work, great build up, and great posts. However I am confused. I have an AE80 and you have said yours is an 82 ? looks to me like it has AE80 front guards and park/indicator lights in it with an AE80 front bar

So like totally yeah...

IMGP0453.jpg

IMGP0454.jpg

IMGP0450.jpg

Also, found the little biatch knock coming from my rear drivers side caliper - everything is tight but the top half wobbles, slider pin things worn maybe?

Oddly enough, The new spring rates are 10/8k whereas the ones before them are 6/4k. They seem to be working alot better with the car and the shocks and surprisingly have a very comfortable ride (dafuq?) the car is more planted, stable, easier to drive and much more predictable on the limit of grip. Very happy with them! :)

hey mate, looks so tuff, i got a 1.49.3010 in my vt last sprint round, i've built a roll cage and put better diff ratios in it so hopefully it will go faster not slower haha, i'm racing in the sprints on saturday i'm exited :D i can't wait to get some semi slicks its gonna be awesome