Subaru_Kid's Ae82 Tin Can - Parting Out

Subaru_kid

probs not. LOL I want to get under 1:40 at winton with a relatively stock smallport... even if it needs to be done on full slicks! :P

I like the setup of events at winton, there is heaps of track time and its cheaper than the track days ive seen at the other tracks. I like the location and the technical nature of the circuit. Its about skill and suspension setups rather than having power.

It's good to have something to aim for. Are your 1:40-45 times for the short or long track. 1:40 for the long track is fair humming along. For reference the top three NC historic touring cars at last historic winton were doing 1:40's on the long track.

I prefer Sandown and P.I. myself just because they are easier for me to get too. Sandown is about 25min away from my place.

Members dont see this ad

Not much of an update.

Been busy with school and what not so the car has been a bit neglected...

But I tried on the gemini wheels again with my spacers, turns out theyre the same hubcentric bore as my 6UL's, not to mention they fit perfectly in the guards now. I'm currently only running them on the rear and whenever i even think of making a turn they scrub :P

IMGP3448.jpg

IMGP3447.jpg

IMGP3454.jpg

The suspension has settled a bit now so i can't do this trick anymore... which means theres very little rear wheel gap now :D

Also the interior is back in...

IMGP3463.jpg

IMGP3469.jpg

And i deleted my rear wiper because it was blowing my fuses and i couldnt drive without wipers lol illl give the bolt a quick rust-convert and paint once i have time ;)

IMGP3471.jpg

Long track mate ;)

I might give the other tracks a go once I hit my goal at winton

👍 cheers mate, this now gives me a reference point to pay out on webers4x48 that his daily should almost be as quick as his 430hp bombadore around winton(600hp nc tourers do 1:40's)!!

That shifter extension is a good idea.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what is this red thingy on your grill (track pics). Is it camera? Got some vids?

These bbs are great but I guess would be pity to use them on track days. Anyway if you put some wider flares there these would look great! Do you have model name and specs of these rims you were trying on?

Edited by Sznaps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

are you doing the Oz day tampered event at Winton?

Yeah ill be racing! theres a group of 13 (so far) of us going up!! let me know if you want to jump in with us and ill arrange it :)

Also gonna try these if its dry just for lols :P

3366_514437978577354_509306497_n.jpg

582279_514952125192606_1829507579_n.jpg

65865_514952158525936_1623783923_n.jpg

Edited by Subaru_kid