November 23, 201114 yr comment_567796 I was driving home today and it hasnt rained on the sunny coast for over 3 weeks, As I cruised down the Steve Irwin Way a mad heavy shower came down, I had my windows open, and 3 weeks worth of road smells lifted up into the air. That fresh smell of rain and all the old oily dead smell of cars kinda merged into this great smell. Hot road, cold rain. Hey maybe it's not for everyone but what's those automotive smells that you love? And apart from old gearbox oil, the worst? Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567801 mildly different but I use it at work which is automotive, silicone spray smells glorious to me for some reason. and burnt diff or auto trans oil is rough as guts Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567803 the smell of a burnt control unit or resistor. it f@$king STINKS! and you can't get rid of the smell edit - mercedes benz atf smells like rotten fish. i shit you not Edited November 23, 201114 yr by Evan G Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567806 Best: New car smell. Between Mrs Dwarf and myself, had it four times now. Worst: Cooked engine smell. You just know it's bad, even before the bonnet is lifted. Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567812 There's a point. I had a stack of ten brand new rally tyres and they smelt great. Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567813 The smell of that freshly manicured lawn your ripping up is what i like. The smell of my own fart when i have the air con cranking and have forgotten i just farted so the windows are still up, is what makes me want to hurl. Seriously i like the smell of carby cleaner and the vinyl interior in our Ke11, Smells of new car but an old new car if ya get what i mean. I hate burnt diff oil, Usually chunky. Edited November 23, 201114 yr by AE70 Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567814 worst smell, got to be a burnt out clutch a smell i like, battery terminal protector spray (the blue stuff) Report
November 23, 201114 yr Author comment_567815 Just the other day, when a fresh batch of oil hits a 4k head when you have driven it dry 'cos your rings are GONE. Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567831 Japanese import interior smell. I've no idea what it comes from, but most of them seem to have it. Silvia still has it despite the interior being stripped out. I don't think the smell itself is particularly special (just unique to a group of cars), just the memories and experiences now associated with it :) Report
November 23, 201114 yr Author comment_567834 just the memories and experiences now associated with it :) :yes: Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567835 Berry flavoured methanol additive along with E85 is the best, Have a mate that runs it in his car, quite well know, go through the Clem7 and know that he has been through it, haha Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567836 I kinda like straight methanol. Mmm Formaldehyde - carcinogenic'y! Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567838 Petrol, $5 paint or metho is my fav, all together is better. Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_567862 Japanese import interior smell. I've no idea what it comes from, but most of them seem to have it. Silvia still has it despite the interior being stripped out. I don't think the smell itself is particularly special (just unique to a group of cars), just the memories and experiences now associated with it :) This is very true... "it smells like japan"... i have a feeling its something to do with the cleaning process as they bring them through customs. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now