Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Automotive Smells.

Featured Replies

That was my suspicion Dave, maybe someone who's been to Japan to look at cars can comment? Do they have the smell there?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The smell of that freshly manicured lawn your ripping up is what i like.   The smell of my own fart when i have the air con cranking and have forgotten i just farted so the windows are still up, is

well i went to japan last year, and i went in probably 10-15 taxis. and none smelt like it that i can remember.

 

a quick google on the idea has a few guys mentioning like fumigation "bombs", that they set off in customs. seems reasonable.

 

as pretty much every s13/15/r32/r33/r34....all smell like the same thing.

I kinda like straight methanol. Mmm Formaldehyde - carcinogenic'y!

 

Poke in the eyes is alot cheaper, haha

not sure if its just me but every corolla from ke30-ke70 that i have been in all have a distinct odour, and it smells glorious. my rolling 35 shell still smells like 'corolla'. worst smell would have to be this interior cleaner which is still at my work after countless run ins.......we call it cat piss, and with good reason. one of the guys at work was pissing us off so we decided to spray some in his heater vents...... ;)

Edited by madKE35coupe

Best smell - Freshly applied two pack. 8S

 

Worst smell - Hot coolant...don't ask me why, I just frigging hate it. :unsure:

worst smell, a car thats been sitting in someone's backyard for years, you have to move it, open it up and smells like a dirty arse crack!!!!!

Best: New car smell. Between Mrs Dwarf and myself, had it four times now.

 

I've had 3 new cars over the years, and the smell was just the best thing.

My first 2 cars were before I became a new car salesman. While working in new car sales the smell

started to get to me. After a few years I couldn't stand the smell anymore. Still can't.

In 2000 I bought a new Corolla. I couldn't drive the bloody thing because of that smell.

I ended up giving it to my mum for about 8 months until that smell went away.

 

Anytime I'm near a new car I get the cold sweats, nausea and this feeling I'm going to hurl.

Edited by clubby2084

Anytime I'm near a new car I get the cold sweats, nausea and this feeling I'm going to hurl.

 

Heated Velour (sitting in the sun) is what makes me nausea,

The smell of burnt diesel... nom nom nom.

got a whiff of silicone spray yesterday. someone get the CRC brand silicone spray, spray in lid then smell! give

it a couple goes to get used to it then BAM you'll be in love.

For some reason i find diesel fumes to be completely wrong.

 

I love that smell when you get into your car, its an old car, hot day, its a mixture between the faint hint of some previous owner having been a smoker, and slightly aged foam and fabric, diluted with enough fresh air and time, it just smells glorious, you can smell the history. If antique buyers look for a patina, that is the nasal equivalent. An invisible Patina. :lolcry:

This stuff smells amazing:

 

meguiars-ultimate-wash-n-wax_4d2e747856534.jpg

 

Anytime I'm near a new car I get the cold sweats, nausea and this feeling I'm going to hurl.

I can't stand the new car smell either, it makes me feel sick.

Rinse, Lather and Repeat!!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.