Automotive Smells.

Members dont see this ad

well i went to japan last year, and i went in probably 10-15 taxis. and none smelt like it that i can remember.

a quick google on the idea has a few guys mentioning like fumigation "bombs", that they set off in customs. seems reasonable.

as pretty much every s13/15/r32/r33/r34....all smell like the same thing.

not sure if its just me but every corolla from ke30-ke70 that i have been in all have a distinct odour, and it smells glorious. my rolling 35 shell still smells like 'corolla'. worst smell would have to be this interior cleaner which is still at my work after countless run ins.......we call it cat piss, and with good reason. one of the guys at work was pissing us off so we decided to spray some in his heater vents...... ;)

Edited by madKE35coupe

Best: New car smell. Between Mrs Dwarf and myself, had it four times now.

I've had 3 new cars over the years, and the smell was just the best thing.

My first 2 cars were before I became a new car salesman. While working in new car sales the smell

started to get to me. After a few years I couldn't stand the smell anymore. Still can't.

In 2000 I bought a new Corolla. I couldn't drive the bloody thing because of that smell.

I ended up giving it to my mum for about 8 months until that smell went away.

Anytime I'm near a new car I get the cold sweats, nausea and this feeling I'm going to hurl.

Edited by clubby2084

For some reason i find diesel fumes to be completely wrong.

I love that smell when you get into your car, its an old car, hot day, its a mixture between the faint hint of some previous owner having been a smoker, and slightly aged foam and fabric, diluted with enough fresh air and time, it just smells glorious, you can smell the history. If antique buyers look for a patina, that is the nasal equivalent. An invisible Patina. :lolcry: