Automotive Smells.

I was driving home today and it hasnt rained on the sunny coast for over 3 weeks,

As I cruised down the Steve Irwin Way a mad heavy shower came down, I had my windows open, and 3 weeks worth of road smells lifted up into the air.

That fresh smell of rain and all the old oily dead smell of cars kinda merged into this great smell.

Hot road, cold rain.

Hey maybe it's not for everyone but what's those automotive smells that you love?

And apart from old gearbox oil, the worst?

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

The smell of that freshly manicured lawn your ripping up is what i like.

The smell of my own fart when i have the air con cranking and have forgotten i just farted so the windows are still up, is what makes me want to hurl.

Seriously i like the smell of carby cleaner and the vinyl interior in our Ke11, Smells of new car but an old new car if ya get what i mean.

I hate burnt diff oil, Usually chunky.

Edited by AE70
  • Upvote 1

Japanese import interior smell. I've no idea what it comes from, but most of them seem to have it. Silvia still has it despite the interior being stripped out.

I don't think the smell itself is particularly special (just unique to a group of cars), just the memories and experiences now associated with it :)

Japanese import interior smell. I've no idea what it comes from, but most of them seem to have it. Silvia still has it despite the interior being stripped out.

I don't think the smell itself is particularly special (just unique to a group of cars), just the memories and experiences now associated with it :)

This is very true...

"it smells like japan"...

i have a feeling its something to do with the cleaning process as they bring them through customs.