Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trimatic In To Ke11

Featured Replies

Will a trimatic fit into a ke11 to replace the toyoglide ?

 

Linkages and tail shaft isn't an issues but tunnel clearance is.

Edited by AE70

Will a trimatic fit into a ke11 to replace the toyoglide ?

 

Linkages and tail shaft isn't an issues but tunnel clearance is.

 

I've been thinking the same thing Des. But I'm not replacing a toyoglide, I've got different things in mind.

If anyone had any info I'd be keen to.

  • Author

I just want the extra gear.

ʞ©$ɟ the traumatic off, Go get a townace 4 speed auto gearbox from behind a 7k hahah

I changed my ke25 from toyoglide to trimatic, tailshaft is different length, crossmember is different too.

 

Pretty much a waste of time i found, the final drive is still the same, you just have one more boring gear to get there....

  • Author

ʞ©$ɟ the traumatic off, Go get a townace 4 speed auto gearbox from behind a 7k hahah

Will it fit in the tunnel though but I'm liking the idea so far

 

I changed my ke25 from toyoglide to trimatic, tailshaft is different length, crossmember is different too.

 

Pretty much a waste of time i found, the final drive is still the same, you just have one more boring gear to get there....

I see. I'm ok with it being slow but the revs at 100kph suck balls.

I see. I'm ok with it being slow but the revs at 100kph suck balls.

 

What Matt is getting at is that both transmissions top gear is 1:1 ratio.

I'm thinking 1st would be shorter in the trimatic so you might be able to change diff gears to get it a bit better.

  • Author

What Matt is getting at is that both transmissions top gear is 1:1 ratio.

I'm thinking 1st would be shorter in the trimatic so you might be able to change diff gears to get it a bit better.

Whats the ratio in a manual ke11 and a toyoglide ?

 

I really want an overdrive so long cruises/trips don't leave my ears ringing.

ill see if i can dig up my townace brochure packs, see if they specify gear ratios and things for the auto vans. Sure ive got some technical data on the shit box stashed around here somewhere.

 

*epic chin scratch*

Usually 4th in an old manual is 1:1, as that give the most efficient power transmission. Then they put overdrive 5th gears on them, and now none of the gears are liable to be 1:1.

 

You should change diff ratio, which will lift up all gears. You won't notice the higher low gear unless you tow a boat...

Ratios on the toyoglide

  • Low - 1.820:1
  • High - 1.000:1
  • Reverse - 1.820:1

Ratios on the trimatic

  • First - 2.31:1
  • Second - 1.46:1
  • Third - 1.00:1
  • Reverse - 1.85:1

The four speed auto is something like

  • First - 2.452:1
  • Second - 1.45:1
  • Third - 1.00:1
  • Fourth - 0.688:1
  • Reverse - 2.212:1

But how would the four speed go behind something like a 3k/4k considering it was built for the torque of the 7k ? My thoughts would be along the lines of like a bucket of poop.

  • Author

5k and a four speed would better than the 3k and toyoglide.

Oooooh fuuuuck yeah

:lolcry:

I think you will struggle fitting the Traumatic into the KE11 tunnel.

 

Not sure what they're like size wise when compared to a Toyoglide, but they're HYOOOGE compared to a K40 or 50

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.